Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th June 2010, 07:40 PM

Default Saturn Sports Cars - Price Changes

Dear Fellow Builders,

The time has come due to several price increases for steel and fibre glass raw materials over the previous few months (probably due to the pound becoming weaker).

Basically the price of in-house steel products has had to go up to cover the increases, mainly chassis packs since most of this is material costs. On the plus side we have found a new and better supplier for laser cut parts so the price of the CP kits has come down slightly as for the price of wishbones and uprights, due to most of this being labour, with the reduction of laser parts these can remain as they are.

For GRP products material costs has risen significantly so these prices need to increase to compensate, however, the prices will only be rising to the rate that they where when being supplied by Mark at Triton Race Products. These prices where reduced in December last year but i'm afraid we can't continue with these prices.

The prices for the Chassis packs has already been increased but any people on the verge of ordering any GRP we will not increase these prices until Wednesday 16th June. This is not to generate orders, i just think it would be unfair if any builders are about to order then a price increase suddenly appeared.

Any queries then please feel free to pm.

Regards....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 11th June 2010, 08:05 PM

well done spud
that seems very fair to me
i wish you every success with your business
cheers les g
Old 11th June 2010, 08:07 PM

Thanks Les, i do feel a bit awkward about this but at the end of the day prices where reduced when Saturn started out and times are getting tight for us all.

Cheers...AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 11th June 2010, 09:44 PM

Thumbs up

Andy
I think there has to be a seperation of business and the good friends on here. I think for those that you know (and unfortunately I'm not one of them yet but read many of your helpful responses) I'm sure that most folk understand that it's simple business.

I'm not ready to order my gear yet but I will be coming to you guys even if it has to cost a few quid more, I'd much rather support a business that cares about it's customers

Rapid
Old 11th June 2010, 10:05 PM

Fair enough mate hope I get insurance cash before 16th so I can get my order in heh any idea how much the kits will be?
Old 11th June 2010, 10:58 PM

Could you post the price list please Mr H? My build will go ahead but a little slower than originally planned.

Thanks

Matt

My build diary. http://www.mx5-locost.co.uk
Old 12th June 2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead View Post
Could you post the price list please Mr H? My build will go ahead but a little slower than originally planned.

Thanks

Matt
Hi Matt,

Basically Matt the price of the 10 piece will be going upto £865 and the 6 piece upto £480 which is slightly more than the prices charged by Triton Race Products at the time Mark was producing the body sets. The 10 and 6 piece will still include the free items.

New products have also been added to the stores page, ie, roll bar, ali panelling, track rod ends and KOSO Rx2n multifunction Display. It is hoped to add fabric covered infill panels for the cockpit area soon.

Regards..........AndyH

Last edited by spud69 : 12th June 2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 13th June 2010, 10:03 AM
fabbyglass

You have done well to keep the prices down mate.
Prices have jumped quite a bit in the last 6 months, I suspect it's going to rise again after the oil spill in the states

Keep plugging away Andy it will all come good...
Old 13th June 2010, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

I did wonder how sustainable the drop was when it happened, it would have been nice to place an order for the bodywork at the current price But I have nowhere to store them until they are needed.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders