Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th July 2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
You made sure it'll get out of the door before you go too far

No its fine really...standard sized single garage door at the front!
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:28 AM

Happy New Year all!

Wow its been ages since my last update - things are going pretty slowly as I dont get much time in the garage these days
Will get some pics up when I get home but chassis is almost finished and ready to be fully welded. Have started to strip the MX5 too so will have engine out soon.

Just before xmas my wishbones arrived from Phil @ Talon which was very exciting - they look great and will save me loads of time now not having to make them myself, so thanks Phil!
Next delivery will be Phil's new MX5 diff cover so another thing to look forward to soon.

Plan this year will be to have a rolling chassis with engine and running gear fitted

All the best for 2014 everyone!

Mark
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:02 PM

looking fab!! I love the heating [oil rad and kitchen) sometimes I wish I had integrated garage. instead I have 2 brick out buildings. I share with the mice :0). need telli on the wall and you'd never leave. nice work though.
Old 14th August 2015, 04:54 PM

I'm baaaaack!!!

Since my last post many things have cropped up which meant the roadster was put on the back burner for a while...

Spent almost all of last year rennovating a little flat as a project, and as these things always go...it took wayyy longer than expected. Finally got it sold in October 2014 - then went on holiday and got engaged

The Mrs. (to be) didnt want to hang about so booked the wedding for July 2015 which meant lots of planning and visting venues & shops took up the first half of this year

So now I am a married man, back from honeymoon and really really wanting to get back into the garage to play! With a free day on the cards tomorrow I intend to get out there and get to work on getting the engine out of the rapidly corroding MX-5 that's still sitting in the driveway (further incentive is that I'm not allowed any new toys until the MX-5 is gone!).

Sorry I have been away for so long but it's good to still see a lot of familiar names kicking around and I look forward to catching up on everyone else's builds too!

Mark