Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th June 2015, 03:08 PM

Default What's a Haynes Worth?

Hello All,
Just wondered if anyone had any idea what a completed/IVA'd/registered Haynes Roadster might be worth?
Have any been up for sale recently?

Reason I ask (and you're not going to like this!) is that I'm considering selling mine.
I don't really have the time or inclination to drive it at the moment, and it's just sitting in the garage taking up a load of space

Cheers,
John
Old 17th June 2015, 07:52 PM

Its not been sitting there long in the scheme of things. Maybe I should pop up and take you out in one with a Turbo in it to whet your appetite again.

I recon I would want 5-6k if I sold mine so take from that what you will.

Cheers
Stot
Old 18th June 2015, 11:16 AM

Cheers Stot.
A ride in your turbo monster is unlikely to help, I'm certainly not bored because mine is too slow. If anything it's already a liability on the road!

For me most of the fun was in the building, and I suppose I've ticked that box and moved onto other pastimes now (I'm a bit of a serial hobbiest!).

I'm also hoping to move house in the next few months and a chunk of cash would come in quite handy...
Old 18th June 2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skov View Post
Cheers Stot.
A ride in your turbo monster is unlikely to help, I'm certainly not bored because mine is too slow. If anything it's already a liability on the road!

For me most of the fun was in the building, and I suppose I've ticked that box and moved onto other pastimes now (I'm a bit of a serial hobbiest!).

I'm also hoping to move house in the next few months and a chunk of cash would come in quite handy...
Take it out for a drive tonight!!

I have had similar thoughts but as soon as I go for a drive I realise how awesome they are!

David

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67112582@N03/

Saturn MX5 Based Chassis, Limited Slip Diff & 2.4 Quick Rack.

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Car iva'd and passed 15/08/2014. Finished weight 572kg.
Old 18th June 2015, 06:31 PM

It's worth 50p John

Although I'm a generous person, I'll throw in a curly-wurly as well

In all seriousness, the last one I saw for sale was up for £3.5K on here. Spud's sold for a bit more IIRC, but can't remember how much exactly.
Old 18th June 2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Hello All,
Just wondered if anyone had any idea what a completed/IVA'd/registered Haynes Roadster might be worth?
Have any been up for sale recently?

Reason I ask (and you're not going to like this!) is that I'm considering selling mine.
I don't really have the time or inclination to drive it at the moment, and it's just sitting in the garage taking up a load of space

Cheers,
John
You may change your mind in the future and be sad about this decision and then you'll have to build another one! Consider a local garage rental for storage.

Quote:
Cheers Stot.

I too am a serial hobbiest, from fitting my own condensing boiler (for fun), to marine fish tanks and horse riding, you get bored eventually, but I don't know about selling a self built vehicle like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbolam View Post

I have had similar thoughts but as soon as I go for a drive I realise how awesome they are!

David
They are a lot of fun, just don't drive them too often or you might get numb to the sensation. I to found myself absorbed by creating and fiddling whilst ignoring the recently finished car in the garage for two weeks, made the decision the other day to clear out all the shit out the way and get it out the garage for a blast and I'm enthused once more.

If it was a kit car yes, but not a self build car. You'll be that guy trying to convince people you scratch built a car and they won't believe you!

If you do don't take less than £4k
Old 18th June 2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbolam View Post

David
I love to really punish the mx5 engine in mine, daring it to die or break but it doesn't, poor thing is at 4-7000rpm in 4 gears getting an absolute thrashing when I take it out and it just doesn't care, as long as I provide it with enough electricity! LOL
Old 20th June 2015, 04:13 PM

I can echo some of these thoughts.

I can't help myself when it comes to building new things. I've not long finished a load of audio stuff inc a tasty valve amp, valve phono stage, cd player and I built a turntable including machining the arm from scratch.

Now that I've achieved my goal would I sell them? No way! They're there ready to be used whenever I want and the same will go for this car. It will spend extended periods sat in the garage once done not being used. These are just improvement times to help soothe my bug.

Expect the engine to grow, then obtain a supercharger, then a duratec, then this, then that. If you want something to entertain yourself with fit a megaquirt ecu. Losing the air flow meter will yield a healthy gain (the ms uses a map sensor) as will a performance orientated tune. Once you have that fitted and working you can then allow for any further upgrades.
Old 20th June 2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
If you want something to entertain yourself with fit a megaquirt ecu. Losing the air flow meter will yield a healthy gain (the ms uses a map sensor) as will a performance orientated tune. Once you have that fitted and working you can then allow for any further upgrades.
Skov (John) made his own piggyback ECU, when I say made, he designed the circuit board, had the pcb made and then soldered on the components, and then programmed it too!

Why don't you convert it to a short range performance electric vehicle John, now that would be mental, and entertaining!
Old 20th June 2015, 06:09 PM

Cool

Blood. E. Hell.