Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > SVA/Legal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd February 2008, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_mivec View Post
I would guess that my build will be a Q plate then if im using new pars and a bike engine
not exactly.
In our case Nottingham DVLA were prepared to issue an age related plate but in the end, the fact that my engine had a german log book was the only reason for a Q.
Old 3rd February 2008, 12:28 PM

So do i need the logbook for the bike then.

Im only buying the engine and its been a CAT B spares only write off
Old 3rd February 2008, 02:53 PM
Chris Gibbs

If you're using ALL new parts and a bike engine that you can show has been reconditioned to as new condition you could get a current (new) registration.

if you go this route be sure to keep EVERY receipt, the DVLA require substantial proof that everything is new

Cheers

Chris
Old 3rd February 2008, 03:02 PM

I'm wondering about whether to try and get a new reg when I get round to starting my build, but I saw something on the locostbuilders forum that one of the guys on there hadn't been able to convince the DVLA that the bike engine and gearbox were one unit. It's probably worth getting confirmation from the DVLA if you're going to spend extra money for the new plate.
Old 1st April 2008, 08:40 PM

If you are using all new parts and just one proven reconditioned part (Robin Hood just painted it and said it was reconed) then you can have a brand new current year (08) number. The Robin Hood SuperSpec achieved this with a new Rover engine a Ford MT75 box a recon Sierra rear end and Sierra front suspension and some dodgy steering rack. The new owners are a little are a lot better.
On the DVLA buildup report application form it asks about the origins of the Chassis/body shell. Axle, Transmission, Steering assembly, engine and front and back suspension.
The chassis/body will be new, the axle, steering assembly will be from the donor, the suspension back and front will be new, the axles will be from the donor. If you go bike then both engine and transmission are one.

You may get an age related but i belive that on a Q you will get a better emmisions allowance than on the engine age.