Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th April 2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
You only need a few rivnuts to hold things on, but the floor wants to be riveted and bonded as this adds to the stiffness of the chassis. Panel all away across the bottom as you don't need to get to the prop underneath. There are better alternatives to rivnuts but they cost a lot more, check Merlin Motorsport for range of natty fixings. I have some somewhere that came from Jordan GP when my brother worked there and they are made from titanium, superb wee things and it's what they used to hold the nosecone on. The daft blue thing I built used them along with as many NAS bolts and K Nuts as I could(came courtesy of Jordan GP.....)
Sounds like the fixings would have been worth more than the rest of the car
Old 20th April 2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
What you can do is not "panel in" the underside where the tranny tunnel is, that makes the prop easy to get at from below,

or

fully panel in the whole bottom/underside & make the top of the tranny tunnel interior panel removeable ( this is how mine is ) as I thought getting into the prop would be easier from above rather than from below.

Also worth noting.....The IVA tester "may" want to see inside the tranny tunnel come test time.

cheers
andy
Cheers Andy.

Maybe I will do as you said. Panel the underneath as one piece with rivets, and all of the inside/outside bodywork and above the tunnel I will rivnut.