Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th May 2011, 11:22 PM

Default Introducing - Voodoo Auto Kits.

I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce Voodoo Auto Kits to you fine people.

I have been developing an MX5 conversion for the Haynes Roadster over the last couple of years and have overcome a number of inherent conflicts between the Ford and Mazda designs. I worked closely with 3GE on the suspension design and am very happy with the results. When John decided to call it a day I started to think long and hard about the hole left in the market; the result is Voodoo Auto Kits. Our product is going by the name of the VR5 (Voodoo Roadster and MX5) and will in time become a complete package.

I see the VR5 as filling the gap in the market for affordable, good looking and effective components. All of our products are produced using modern CAD/CAM processes and have all been designed on computer before going into production. We are also going to be pushing the envelope with regards to body panel production employing new techniques to ensure consistent, high quality and darned good looks.

Voodoo is going to be managed by myself with a number of key players acting as consultants so as to keep the products fresh and safe! John of 3GE fame has been offering support and advice with regards to the technical elements of the design, he is also a constant source of innovative ideas all of which will be making their way onto the website soon. Mark Bean, better known as Fabbyglass has come out of retirement to offer a wealth of knowledge and is currently working with me on designing a new, fresh and very cool set of body panels which will fit the existing Roadster as well as the VR5. Acting as technical advisor, Mark Allanson has been integral in the discussions leading up to this point and will be acting as an ID to my ego in the days to come.

The website is slowly coming together www.voodooautokits.co.uk there’s not much there at the moment but feel free to sign up for the newsletter and find out about the exciting new innovations as they happen. If you have any questions etc I have registered a new user on here – Voodoo, feel free to PM me.

Thanks

Matt

My build diary. http://www.mx5-locost.co.uk
Old 5th May 2011, 12:10 AM

Good luck with your new venture.

Terry
Old 5th May 2011, 09:13 AM

When do you think you'll have your demonstrator complete for shows etc?
Old 5th May 2011, 09:39 AM

Hopefully not too long, I am not going to rush just to get a show car built. I am concentrating on getting the product right and the production quality consistant, but in answer to your question a lot will depend on how happy Mark is with the bodywork. I aim to have something to show within a couple of months; it could be sooner but only if it is right.

Matt
Old 5th May 2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Hopefully not too long, I am not going to rush just to get a show car built. I am concentrating on getting the product right and the production quality consistant, but in answer to your question a lot will depend on how happy Mark is with the bodywork. I aim to have something to show within a couple of months; it could be sooner but only if it is right.

Matt
Good things come to those who wait or so they say
Old 5th May 2011, 11:43 AM

cant wate to see the new body work. a closed wheel option would be a nice change.

best of luck guys
Old 5th May 2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
cant wate to see the new body work. a closed wheel option would be a nice change.

best of luck guys
Totally agree, something full-bodied like a Phoenix or an AGM WLR to fit on the Roadster chassis would be awesome. Something like that would really take a long time to develop though, can't wait to see what Fabbyglass comes up with.

And here's all my build photo's on a picasa web album http://tinyurl.com/5tbtm46
Old 5th May 2011, 03:07 PM

As you say Matt, no point rushing something, that's when mistakes get made, get it right first time. With the combination of quality and innovation I am sure you're on to a winner

I can't wait to see the bodywork finished, come on Bean, pull your finger out

TK
Old 5th May 2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick-kit View Post
As you say Matt, no point rushing something, that's when mistakes get made, get it right first time. With the combination of quality and innovation I am sure you're on to a winner

I can't wait to see the bodywork finished, come on Bean, pull your finger out

TK
It's coming along nicely so I took time off today..
Old 5th May 2011, 05:34 PM

Look forward to seeing this!