Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th February 2011, 11:21 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterob View Post
now i bought these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

50 off for £16 ish about 34p per disc i hadnt used them till today and i was very surprised used one where normally id have used 3-4 cutting 3mm plate

shame my grinders letting go had it in bits earlier trying to chase a "new noise " but no joy. it still works but holding it at arms length with your eyes closed hiding behind some 3mm ali the cuts arent so accurate
I thought they looked familiar, I've been using these for the last couple of years. I pay 75p each from my local Boyes store, but will get a batch of 50 from this chap now. They are good discs and cut 5mm angle for my trailer no probs and the Blue Spot Grinding discs are just as good. Dave
Old 26th February 2011, 03:04 PM

I cheat for most things I use the plasma cutter now, expensive to buy in the first place but i wouldnt go back now. mind u I still use the slitting dics from time to time, i have some 3" ones on the air cut off tool too, scary stuff

Roadster No 2 build

Cost to Date : £93

** New Blog @ http://carlsroadster2.blogspot.com **
Old 26th February 2011, 08:41 PM

i had 2 last year ! lol i bought it from the very responsible and trustworthy seller on ebay had one that failed then replaced next day with another same issue so had my money back as the mrs had mentioned she was preggers n the cash would come in handy. must have been a bad batch from china but the first one was great while it worked. back to killing grinders now as mine finally let go today brushes have gone and cannot think for the life of me where i put the spares