Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th August 2013, 01:37 PM

What customer service department would that be ?

Having been self employed for a while I can say from experience there is NO POINT AT ALL in giving people day by day progress reports when there is nothing concrete to report, it just takes away from the time that needs to be spent actually doing the job, producing something constructive. The only communication that is required by someone like Phil is to get the spec, agree a price and to arrange delivery- nothing else in necessary and we should not expect more.
It's entirely right to expect on-going communications from a company with several staff, receptionists and a boss who ultimately watches the money roll in as a result of other people's efforts- BUT a one man, self employed operation is completely different, the only similarities between the two are really the trade they are in, death and taxes. You arent dealing with a corporate call centre, cut the man some slack.
Old 17th August 2013, 02:03 PM

I was joking about the PR customer service department. I have met Phil and know he is a one man band, but if you take it that he might have two or three customers a week there can be little to no excuse not to keep them updated if things are running late. No one that places an order is that fussed if things take a little longer but silence is not golden.

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669