Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th August 2013, 02:45 PM

Default Talon in the shit (again)

removed removed

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334

Last edited by Talonmotorsport : 9th August 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 8th August 2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
Emails,ebay, forum messages:if you contact me by these please use the same contact method again. If you use your laptop,Iphone,ebay,forum,locostbuilders,text to send me a message and use 5 different user names email address how do I keep track of who you are?
This. Phil asked me to do this when I was dealing with him and to give my real name and there were no problems with communication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
I have never asked any body to recommend me to any body else on here and I have asked people to take Talon of off parts supplier lists on various forums. I'm not out to rip people off but I have one pair of hands,one messed up head that gets depressed,stressed and distracted.
And this, I can confirm that quite some time ago, Phil asked me to remove Talon from the parts supplier thread I had created on this forum.
Old 8th August 2013, 06:30 PM

I'd just like to say that I had excellent service and a quality product from Phil around a month ago (a set of wishbones).

Unfortunately some people seem to be totally out of step with any sort of reality these days, they seem to want everything for nothing and they want it yesterday.

Keep going Phil, don't let the few grind you down
Old 8th August 2013, 06:34 PM

Don't want anything for nothing. I have paid for it. We agreed a price , no delivery, no update, no communication. What would be going through your mind if this happened Steve ? Yep. You guessed it, I have lost my money. Think about it.
Old 8th August 2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 82 View Post
Don't want anything for nothing. I have paid for it. We agreed a price , no delivery, no update, no communication. What would be going through your mind if this happened Steve ? Yep. You guessed it, I have lost my money. Think about it.
Did you agree a delivery date?
Old 8th August 2013, 06:41 PM

Think about what Jason? I made no remark referring to you or anyone else. I was making general remarks based on my reading of Phils post. Any agreements and transactions between yourself and Phil are just that.

How am I to know you feel you have been "done"!!!
Old 8th August 2013, 06:41 PM

No delivery date agreed mate. Didn't think I had to to be honest. Paid my bill as soon as I received it, And assumed that I would get my stuff in a reasonable amount of time with good communication. Is 5 weeks a reasonable amount if time ? Or in vmax case, is 13 weeks a reasonable amount of time with no parts and no communication ? I can't believe that some people think that this is perfectly acceptable behaviour from a company.
Old 8th August 2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 82 View Post
No delivery date agreed mate. Didn't think I had to to be honest. Paid my bill as soon as I received it, And assumed that I would get my stuff in a reasonable amount of time with good communication. Is 5 weeks a reasonable amount if time ? Or in vmax case, is 13 weeks a reasonable amount of time with no parts and no communication ? I can't believe that some people think that this is perfectly acceptable behaviour from a company.
Dont drag me into this
Old 8th August 2013, 07:21 PM

Is 5 weeks a reasonable amount of time? I think so, it's not like there are not a million other things that cannot be done on the chassis during that time. I too ordered a set of wishbones from Phil about 4 weeks ago. I remember reading somewhere with him or someone else mentioning it takes upwards of a month sometimes to get parts out. So that was my expectation, so I made sure to order the parts at a stage of building the chassis where I wouldn't need them right away. Is it ideal... well no, but at the same time, the guy is making me a set of parts that I myself did not want to have to make, and with that comes some sacrifice as well as cost. I'd much rather have to wait longer, then having Phil disappear like 90% of the parts builders, and leaving me wondering "Now What?" Just my thoughts, not saying your wrong to be mad, but in my book waiting on parts for my hand built car ranks as a "1st World Problem" and something I wouldn't stress to much about.
Old 8th August 2013, 07:29 PM

I fully apologise vmax. I have got you mixed up with the v8 files. So sorry.