Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th July 2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArf View Post
Wish I knew how to draw pictures on here, right the standard way to insert the bushes through the cross member is to insert them from the top and then weld them in, this then has the harness coming off them at a 90 deg. angle. Are you with me so far, now instead of inserting them in the standard orientation, drill the holes 90 deg's to the standard orientation so that they run front to back and then insert the anchor bushes ready for welding.
I hope this makes what I am trying to describe clearer

Arfon
right. gotcha. makes perfect sense. I did wonder like what Stot said, ie the threads might strip but 7/16 is fairly coarse so I do wonder whether that'd be an issue.

Sylvain, my dad tells me clip in belts are usually for things like rally car applications, where it is sometimes necessary to get into the back, e.g. to get the spare wheel out, but the belts get in the way, because they secure onto the roll cage or in the rear bulkhead somewhere... no idea if they are iva ok or not.

Arfon, I can see how your solution would work with clip in belts, still think it wouldn't look as good with the non clip type...
Old 19th July 2013, 09:59 AM

I see what people say and all of the points are quite valid, it's nice to throw something out there and use the knowledge that is on here, ah well back to the drawing board

Arfon
Old 21st July 2013, 10:57 AM

The threads are 1mm or less deep and don't touch everywhere so in an accident if one thread lets go the rest will follow as force multiples
In an accident you can hit many G's and that equates to many tonnes of load.