Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st January 2011, 11:08 PM

Default Build thread piccys etc

Hi Guys,

I know how much I like looking at peoples build pics so i thought i would share some of mine.
I had the Saturn bodywork delivered just after christmas (white body & black arches) and am hoping to have the car on the road early summer, this is just an estimate
I managed to buy the 3ge inboard rolling chassis off a guy on ebay, its got a zx9r motor fitted and xr4x4 diff and brakes. Since buying it all brakelines are now run in and handbrake, fuel tank. Jobs for the weekend are fitting twin brake master cylinders and throttle and clutch cables. Then i have to get on with the daunting task of finishing the loom, being from an electrical backround I should be looking forward to this, but i'm not !
Next big expense is the exhaust manifold which is going to cost between 4 and 600 quid I could bodge one together but since it is constantly on show i want it to look pucker, so im going to have a company do it for me, biggest problem is moving the unfinshed car to their premises, since i dont own a trailer.
This is just the start of a build/progress thread will update when i meet significant milestones etc. Please forgive my poor use of the English lanuage but I am Welsh afterall
Cheers Dan
Below is link to photo album
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/...anielburberry/