Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th April 2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbolam View Post
That is looking very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the white stripes on the bonnet.

When you add the stripes to the nose cone you need to make them part slightly at the front as the shape of the nose come makes them look like they are getting closer together

David
Thanks David, and thanks for the tip, hopefully the stripes will look as good as yours. I've been checking the tax status on the dlva site regularly and it's always reported it as SORN and given me the last MOT date for the car.

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

Just now it returned this......

Old 8th April 2015, 11:28 PM

Sounds like you will be in the road in next to no time!

Have you done your coolant re route?

What we were talking about before seems to have worked for my car. I had it out twice on Monday for fairly long "progressive" trips.

David

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67112582@N03/

Saturn MX5 Based Chassis, Limited Slip Diff & 2.4 Quick Rack.

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Car iva'd and passed 15/08/2014. Finished weight 572kg.
Old 9th April 2015, 09:19 AM

ok rant time! WHAT THE **** IS "N.O.V.A"? I HAVE TO CONTACT CUSTOMS AND EXCISE TO GET A LETTER TO SAY I HAVEN'T IMPORTED THE VEHICLE! WTF!! WHY?

FINALLY GOT PAST THE IRRITATING COMPUTERISED VOICE RECOGNITION SYRI TYPE B****H AND AM NOW ON HOLD!!!!!!

Breath, Chris, BREATH, deep breaths in, out, in, out, in, out!

N.O.V.A Notification Of Vehicle Arrivals

Apparently this is standard procedure, what? I've never heard anyone mention this before. They have the registration numbers and chassis number of both donor vehicles why do I need to do this?
Old 9th April 2015, 09:22 AM

It looks like that they have got it wrong. I searched locost builders and it seems someone on here had the same problem and I've heard it before.
I never seemed to have a problem, I must of been really lucky.
Old 9th April 2015, 09:34 AM

Right spoke to customs, Their words "It's complete madness, we can only send you a form to complete for notification of vehicle arrival which your going to struggle to fill in as the vehicle hasn't."

Kit and rebuilds say "We've been told by our line manager that we 100% have to have proof the vehicle hasn't been imported...... it's a procedure that has always been there but never enforced but now we've been told we have to have this!"

I'm really annoyed, can you tell!
Old 9th April 2015, 09:57 AM

First line of the NOVA Form

"Use this form if you are bringing a land vehicle into the UK for permanent use. You will need to do this before you can register and licence your land vehicle with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) or Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) in Northern Ireland. "

Old 9th April 2015, 10:01 AM

I got the same but I spoke to a very nice lady at dvla who "dealt with kit cars" and got it sorted but if they are now following to the letter what do you have to do to prove it is not an import.....surely the vosa iva test does that, what did they say Chris re getting proof?
Old 9th April 2015, 10:01 AM

I can't find any info on this using google regarding "kits and rebuilds" and NOVA forms. Why Me!

I'm off to join my 2 kids for an absolute paddy tantrum and then to sulk and suck my thumb!
Old 9th April 2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
I got the same but I spoke to a very nice lady at dvla who "dealt with kit cars" and got it sorted but if they are now following to the letter what do you have to do to prove it is not an import.....surely the vosa iva test does that, what did they say Chris re getting proof?
They said I had to have a letter from NOVA stating that they didn't need anything from them regarding the registration of the vehicle! Nonsense!

Customs (NOVA) said we can't provide that we can only send you the form to fill in that is for use when you are importing a vehicle which you will struggle to fill. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Some overpaid selfimportant F***WIT at the DVLA has got it badly wrong as this makes no sense what-so-ever. What percentage of vehicle used on the road are kits and rebuilds. I bet this is down to a new bloody EU regulation!!

Other stupid EU rules

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011...n_1112685.html
Old 9th April 2015, 10:41 AM

here is my thread with the same NOVA issue....the ladys name who need to speak/correspond with is Donna Kennet
http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=13201