Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th March 2015, 10:22 AM

great write up but puts the fear of death in me. It's going to be quite a while before I have to face the IVA but it's good to hear others experiences.
Old 19th March 2015, 04:24 PM

Hopefully this time next year Gary the Insp will have moved to my part of the country. A very nerve wracking experience I'm sure. A first time pass justifies all the hard work and effort you have put into the car.
Well done!
Ian
Old 20th March 2015, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzter View Post
great write up but puts the fear of death in me. It's going to be quite a while before I have to face the IVA but it's good to hear others experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianr View Post
Hopefully this time next year Gary the Insp will have moved to my part of the country. A very nerve wracking experience I'm sure. A first time pass justifies all the hard work and effort you have put into the car.
Well done!
Ian
Fore warned is fore armed! I had it on good advise that he was one of the keenest inspectors at Chadderton. So I doubt you will have as tough a time. To fear the test is good it will help you to get through my being more critical of what you build. I was dreading it, mainly because I don't deal with criticism well. I blame my father and teachers for that. The word conscientious was used every year on my school report but attainment scores were always lower than my effort scores.
Old 20th March 2015, 12:54 AM

Oh I'm insured now. £145 from Blackford Bloor & Co http://www.kitcar-insurance.co.uk.
Old 22nd March 2015, 12:15 PM

Well done Chris just read you book ,did you have any comments about your side repeaters?
Did you have to show any photo's ?.
What was mentioned about your pedal area, you used the MX5 pedals like I have

Regards Mick.
Old 22nd March 2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numplumb View Post
Well done Chris just read you book ,did you have any comments about your side repeaters?
Did you have to show any photo's ?.
What was mentioned about your pedal area, you used the MX5 pedals like I have

Regards Mick.
Thanks, nothing was said about the side repeaters, he checked for grommets but I'D USED SILICONE (oops) sealant so it was fine. No pictures were asked for but I did remove the pedal cover, not that I was asked so, but so I could persuade (demonstate to) him on my steering rack angle. Yep nothing was said about the pedals at all they were just concerned with steering angle and that the servo didn't work.

I'll be selling those side repeaters soon with the resistor blocks if your interested.
Old 22nd March 2015, 10:05 PM

Hi Chris - If Numplumb , Mick, does not want the repeaters can I have 2nd dibs please as they are what I fancy for my car. Sorry to but in.
Ian
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:01 PM

Thanks for the offer Chris but I have already done mine Ianr wants them, what do you mean by grommets?
I have built mine into the wing and fibre glassed them in being Led's they are sealed so in theory they last forever I didn't like them on the surface so cutting them in from behind allowed me to bring as much as I wanted through and although it was hard cutting the exact size hole in a finished surface they turned out okay.

Regards Mick.
Old 23rd March 2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianr View Post
Hi Chris - If Numplumb , Mick, does not want the repeaters can I have 2nd dibs please as they are what I fancy for my car. Sorry to but in.
Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numplumb View Post
Thanks for the offer Chris but I have already done mine Ianr wants them, what do you mean by grommets?
I have built mine into the wing and fibre glassed them in being Led's they are sealed so in theory they last forever I didn't like them on the surface so cutting them in from behind allowed me to bring as much as I wanted through and although it was hard cutting the exact size hole in a finished surface they turned out okay.

Regards Mick.
OK £10 plus postage ok Ian?

So my application is sent. Thanks stot for your excellent guide. I'll add a few other bits to it when I get chance.

Sent it all first class recorded. Just have to sit and wait, well not sit, but wait. I have a lot to do on the car now, as there are a few more touches to the dash and the appearance I want to make. No pictures now till it's finished.
Old 1st April 2015, 11:23 AM

I'm still waiting for the DVLA, only been a week but I'm keeping busy with stuff I wanted to do but wasn't a priority. I'm putting together some stuff to make a small boot and rear arch stone guards. Meanwhile I have been installing an early oil sender and gauge from a JDM binnacle, measures in kg/cm2 rather than psi, kg/cm2 coverts nicely to bar.

Later cars come with a dummy gauge hooked up to a switch and no warning! So I've also added an adjustable pressure switch which lights up a big LED light on the dash and sounds a 90db reversing buzzer. Lol! I've also added an overheating LED which is triggered by the rad fan coming on but no alarm, as if I'm stationary it would be very annoying.

My shift light is in also and sits in the flat of the aero screen so it is easily viewable and I've started installing illuminating dash switches for the horn, indicators, brake test, side, dip, main, etc, which match my hazard and fog switches. Once my dash is finished I'll be getting a weld on QR steering boss.

So I have plenty to be getting on with over the long weekend.

Still enjoying the build!

Last edited by CTWV50 : 1st April 2015 at 12:11 PM.