Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th July 2015, 08:30 PM

Nice, where did you get that from?
Old 11th July 2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
Nice, where did you get that from?
Ebay. He does 2, 3 and 4 row versions. Was at Stoneleigh this year too apparently.

Cheers
Stot
Old 13th July 2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stot View Post
Ebay. He does 2, 3 and 4 row versions. Was at Stoneleigh this year too apparently.

Cheers
Stot
I'll have to save up! Is this the intercooler you used? They look very neat together!
Old 13th July 2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
I'll have to save up! Is this the intercooler you used? They look very neat together!
Looks the same but this is the exact one I bought.

The width of the core is the same as the height of the polo core so it fits well..

Its actually an exact match for the Mercedes core but an aluminum Merc radiator would have to be custom made and been about £500 so this was a good alternative.

Cheers
Stot

Last edited by Stot : 13th July 2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 15th July 2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Right, finally on top of my engine cooling. I got myself a 55mm 3 row aluminium radiator.

Its polo based however I thought I would mount it vertically for space reasons. 55mm rad and 75mm inter-cooler is pretty tight already in the nose and leaving space for hoses to pass the chassis was impossible.

I actually find this a much better solution all round, even if I didn't have an inter-cooler.

Coupled this up to a 10" Revotec high power fan. I haven't even ducted the nose yet and can hammer it along the motorway without going above 93* in the hot weather today. Previously I would need to slow down to 55mph to allow the engine to get down to 100*

In traffic the fan kicks in at 97* and only takes 60 seconds to get the engine back down to 92*. Well happy.

Now If I can relocate my air filter to somewhere less warm...

Cheers
Stot
Just ordered my all ali rad, shhh don't tell the missus!
Old 17th July 2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Just ordered my all ali rad, shhh don't tell the missus!
Dont worry its well worth it. Just tell her to think of the amount of time this is going to save you trying to track down an overheating problem. Ive been through 3 radiators before this, a coolant reroute and god knows how many hoses.

Another 20 miles at 70-ish(cough) to work this morning and it didnt even get to 90*

Cheers
Stot
Old 14th September 2015, 01:36 PM

Hi Sot, Just in the process of mounting my rad like yours, I was concerned about trapped air at the top of the radiator and noticed you seem to have added a bleed valve/s of some kind to the top of rad. How did you do it without leaks or aluminium welding.
Old 14th September 2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Hi Sot, Just in the process of mounting my rad like yours, I was concerned about trapped air at the top of the radiator and noticed you seem to have added a bleed valve/s of some kind to the top of rad. How did you do it without leaks or aluminium welding.
I just carefully tapped for M6 and used a rubber washer to seal against a socket cap screw. Just nipped up the socket screws not too tight. I have some 4mm Ali and I'll rivet a piece on with some closed rivets and RTV if they strip and tap that instead.

Saying that I'm not convinced now I really need them, As the water flows down and then up in that orientation, as long as you have a header above the radiator it should naturally fill up.

Cheers
Stot
Old 14th September 2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I just carefully tapped for M6 and used a rubber washer to seal against a socket cap screw. Just nipped up the socket screws not too tight. I have some 4mm Ali and I'll rivet a piece on with some closed rivets and RTV if they strip and tap that instead.

Saying that I'm not convinced now I really need them, As the water flows down and then up in that orientation, as long as you have a header above the radiator it should naturally fill up.

Cheers
Stot
Ahh I see, smart. I was looking at using some rubber rivet (well) nuts, I thought that's how you had done it. I'll try it without and see how I get on. Cheers
Old 19th June 2016, 06:12 PM

Hi After driving to & from the IVA test i completely agree about the amount of throttle pedal movement, did you ever re-make the adaptor on the throttle body or did you do something else in the end or do you just live with it?
Cheer's
Neil