Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > SVA/Legal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2010, 05:39 PM

Default VIN Number

Thanks to guidance from AshG I got sent a VIN number by the DVLA for my Roadster However, the letter (Form V842) requests that I have a dealer? sign and stamp the letter to verify that the VIN has been applied to the chassis / frame. A dealer for what? How the heck am I supposed to get my rolling chassis anywhere to get stamped?
Old 4th February 2010, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

think they have sent you the wrong form they should have sent you

V55/5 Registration Form
V627/1 Built Up Inspection Report
INF148 and V149

Normally they check the vin when you go for the DVLA inspection. the only thing that i could think of that would prompt that form is if they don't have the facility to do inspections at your local office.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:56 PM

Looks like I'll be ringing Chester DVLA office up tomorrow then
Old 4th February 2010, 10:08 PM

dont worry about it i got the same thing

stamp the chassis number take the bit of paper to your local garage get them to sign it and put there buisness seel/stamp on it.

or alternitvly get the garage to stamp the chassis and do the form at the same time

tilly
Old 5th February 2010, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Adrian did you have to have a dvla inspection after your iva?
Old 5th February 2010, 11:11 AM

I didn't get that, my chassis number and other bits where checked by the DVLA inspection following SVA.

Watch yourselves with the DVLA thoug, when they register your car with Swansea make sure its put on as a new vehicle. They forgot to do that with mine and as such i've just had a right carry on getting Road Taxed, since it was a J plate (1992) they insisted it had to be MOT'd. Got there in the end though and updated records at Swansea, which they couldn't do at local branch......

AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 5th February 2010, 01:34 PM

Im just in the process of getting my vin number at the moment. I wrote to my local office with a proposed number I made one up which was a collection of haynes my surname and and dob

GATESHAYNES300381

Unfortunately they said i couldnt use it as using the word haynes may breach some kind of copyright! Sounds daft to me but i didnt want to argue and get on the wrong side of them.

The letter then went on to say i could use the number they had issued me which is "enclosed"

The only problem was they forgot to type it on the letter

A quick phone call later and they are going to forward it in the post
Old 5th February 2010, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

i dont see how you can breach copyright the car is after all a HAYNES roadster endorsed by HAYNES!!! i just asked for them to issue me one as i couldn't be bothered to keep going back and forward. it doesn't really matter what number you get as long as its got one. its not like someone is going to approach you in the street and ask you what your chassis number is.

Last edited by AshG : 5th February 2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 5th February 2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
Im just in the process of getting my vin number at the moment. I wrote to my local office with a proposed number I made one up which was a collection of haynes my surname and and dob

GATESHAYNES300381

Unfortunately they said i couldnt use it as using the word haynes may breach some kind of copyright! Sounds daft to me but i didnt want to argue and get on the wrong side of them.

The letter then went on to say i could use the number they had issued me which is "enclosed"

The only problem was they forgot to type it on the letter

A quick phone call later and they are going to forward it in the post
What a load of Bo**ocks Mark, I went through the same office and they approved my number of:

HAYNES0204AH2009

They are all full of cack.

By the way, your wing is ready if you want to call in. And the SS nose and cockpit will be coming out of its shell in the morning.

AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 5th February 2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
What a load of Bo**ocks Mark, I went through the same office and they approved my number of:

HAYNES0204AH2009

They are all full of cack.

By the way, your wing is ready if you want to call in. And the SS nose and cockpit will be coming out of its shell in the morning.

AndyH
I know i felt like telling them that they are full of it too

At the end of the day though its only a vin number so no big deal that i couldnt use my own

I will pop in to get my wing as soon as i get chance, it may be tommorow as im going to have to go into work for a while so possibly drop in on way home, if not it will be next week sometime

Good luck with the moulds in the morning, cant wait to see it