Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st April 2011, 01:03 PM

Great idea!!! any chance of applying the same concept to a kit for the pedal box? I'd be interested

Smart design

Rapid
Old 21st April 2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
So if you don't mind to share those drawings you can email it to me if you don't mind my email is rjt.correia@gmail.com
Ricky, I get stuff sent to the USA from the UK. It is way easier to pay a little postage than to spend a bunch of time trying to save a nickel.
Old 21st April 2011, 05:24 PM

Default CP Kits, opinions please

Hi I understand what you saying but to get stuff sent from the uk to sa its expensive and I can save much more by getting it done here its a lot cheaper to make it then import it
Old 21st April 2011, 05:54 PM

I don't know how they charge from the uk to the usa but from uk to sa you have to x whatever price the person is selling anything by the pound which in sa its R11 so that will be way more then just getting it made here this is example of what it will cost for me R11 x £79.99 =R879.89 and that's a lot for those few parts it will cost a lot less here
Old 21st April 2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
I don't know how they charge from the uk to the usa but from uk to sa you have to x whatever price the person is selling anything by the pound which in sa its R11 so that will be way more then just getting it made here this is example of what it will cost for me R11 x £79.99 =R879.89 and that's a lot for those few parts it will cost a lot less here
I bought a pedal box w/ master cylinders from the UK, shipping to me by DHL was £54.99. When I see something that is exactly what I want, it is worth it to pay a bit for shipping. It all depends on what your time is worth. How many of these little things that take extra time add up till you add another year to the end date?

I have been working on my car way too long, I wonder sometimes if I will live long enough to finish it. I have decided to quit trying to save a buck and just buy the parts that have been stalling me out. I recently bought a windshield frame and stantions, I bought the pedal box. I will probably soon order the coilovers.

Good luck with your build, it isn't easy for those of us who aren't in the UK with easy access to the preferred donors.
Old 21st April 2011, 07:15 PM

I know what you mean but I wanted the drawings cause I think its a cool innovation but its not like I can't just make the ones in the book cause I can just that to import something that will cost me three times more I don't think I can do that I am limited in cash so in my heart I always believed if I can make something without having to go buy it then I shall do it unfortunately in sa things are bad money is a issue for me my passion is cars love it with my heart and soul I admire what you guys in the usa do it drives me wild seeing the things you guys do in the usa and wish I could get into that and working with cars but here in sa its hard to get someone to actually let you into a panel beating company to work and learn but its not easy so like I said in my heart I believe in making something if I can without having to import it
Old 21st April 2011, 07:28 PM

Talking CP Kits, opinions please

Would be nice if the uk and usa was few kilometers away that we could just drive there :-)
Old 22nd April 2011, 03:48 PM

Now they are very nice indeed and without a shadow of a doubt lift the quality standards considerably.
Old 25th April 2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidtornado View Post
Great idea!!! any chance of applying the same concept to a kit for the pedal box? I'd be interested

Smart design

Rapid
Certainly, It's next on the list, along with the rear uprights, and host of other items, stay tuned

TK