Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st October 2010, 10:48 AM

Default Started.... Again

I forgot how much I enjoyed my last build and was always sad I never finished, this time I've come back more determined. Everything is taking a lot less time so far.

I constructed my build table with four legs and diagonal supports. I never noticed on the first build until a bit late that my first table sagged in the middle you need a very long straight edge to check. I wanted my chassis to be spot on this time and again the middle has sagged by 3mm, after careful measuring I have inserted some legs in the middle and its now as straight as I'm going to get it so I'm happy!

Its all marked out now so next step is weldling the lower chassis. I think once that is done it will be a speedy build of the chassis.

And against my better judgement I think I'm going BEC route and looking to buy a complete engine package from a seven to make installation quick and easy.

Really enjoying getting back into it, this time no wife moaning at me at 9:00pm!
Old 1st October 2010, 10:55 AM

Cool Great news

Tis really good to hear that you have re-started a new build

I agree, things will happen a lot faster second time around.

One thing for sure .... You'll still be completed before me

Enjoy the build Mike

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 1st October 2010, 11:14 AM

That's really good to have another build on the go and you will definitely that things will go a lot smoother with less headaches - not sure about the good lady winging at 9pm though....

Tis a good idea about the engine package, where do you propose to obtain this - if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 1st October 2010, 03:21 PM

Another locoster selling his complete package, dont' steal the deal as I haven't signed on the line!
It nice because its the complete pacakge, no messing around finding sumps, exhausts, inlets, alternators, ecu's. I worked it out to be cheaper than my last zetec install collection of parts.
Its the daytona pack btw,
Old 1st October 2010, 03:56 PM

That's good Mike, i wouldn't step in anyway....

Just thought there might someone who is putting engine pack ages together for a decent price.

Crack On......AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 1st October 2010, 04:14 PM

Fraid not, this is the problem for bike engine bits the salvage places have the market wrapped up and charge good money for everything.
I'm sure someone could start buying salvaged bikes selling on the non car bits and offering a good price