Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th August 2011, 03:54 PM

Here's the master cylinder I have, it came out of a 1993 1.8 CVH CFi. I tried to measure it and it looks like roughly 41mm but it's hard to be sure as the bit at the top isnt the same as the bit at the bottom so to speak. If possible I would prefer the throttle in 5mm as well as the brake & clutch. I know it's probly overkill but it'd be a right pain to remake at a later date if it bent / broke.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg master cylinder.jpg (90.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 14th August 2011, 04:56 PM

Its totally down to personal preference but the 3mm throttle pedal seems totally fine as you dont apply anywhere near the pressure you do to the clutch or brake

Last edited by mark : 14th August 2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 14th August 2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbug007 View Post
Here's the master cylinder I have, it came out of a 1993 1.8 CVH CFi. I tried to measure it and it looks like roughly 41mm but it's hard to be sure as the bit at the top isnt the same as the bit at the bottom so to speak. If possible I would prefer the throttle in 5mm as well as the brake & clutch. I know it's probly overkill but it'd be a right pain to remake at a later date if it bent / broke.
its the bit on the far left we are intersted in from what i can see its got a step in it so its a (41mm) big hole type there are ones with difrent outlet postions and as i said i have a throttle peddal in 5mm spare i can put in your kit just ad yourself to the list with a note if you want it

im not doing any 5mm throttles as i cant get anywhere to do less than 10 sets and i dont want to f**k the guy about its been hard enough to get anyone to do a quote to do the job and i am not doing this for profit just so i can get a set for my own car!
Old 14th August 2011, 09:14 PM

1.baz-r (std t9 41mm hole)
2.vmax1974
3.brainbug007 (std t9 41mm hole, all 3 pedals in 5mm plate)
Old 15th August 2011, 06:46 PM

*update*
i have new quote in for box with 5mm thick clutch arm all kits will have this and new price is £26+vat each with no postage (will sort for as cheap as poss)
people have been asking if i can get plate bent? i have the bottom and side bits as seprate flat plate so you weld together at required angles as most of us dont have a bender and some may wish to weld the backplate stright into bulkhead area for extra strength

im needing some of them c shape bits that go on the roll bar cross bar as well for the belt mount tubes £5 set of 4

Last edited by baz-r : 15th August 2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 15th August 2011, 07:15 PM

Are the set of 4 for 5 quid the things that get tapped to that odd imperial thread for the top of the seat belt harness to bolt into?
Old 15th August 2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbug007 View Post
Are the set of 4 for 5 quid the things that get tapped to that odd imperial thread for the top of the seat belt harness to bolt into?
its the flat plate that the taped tube fits inside then both are welded to the cross bar its needed for strength
Old 15th August 2011, 09:01 PM

Smile pedal box wanted

hi buz-r i have been refered from a guy of ebay he may be here as a member i have lost a auction on ebay for floor mouted pedal box made out of still and have ask him if he got a spair one he said get in touch with if you do have spair one as i read your thread it look like you may be able to help me,
so i am building a haynes roaster and desperate for floor mount pedal box it has to be floor mount cause of my chassis lay out,pls see what you can do and let me know,thanks Alex

Last edited by HandyAndy : 17th August 2011 at 12:02 AM. Reason: email address removed as per members other posts
Old 15th August 2011, 09:28 PM

I'd be interested in a set of the bits for the seat belts then
Old 16th August 2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kechiche View Post
hi buz-r i have been refered from a guy of ebay he may be here as a member i have lost a auction on ebay for floor mouted pedal box made out of still and have ask him if he got a spair one he said get in touch with if you do have spair one as i read your thread it look like you may be able to help me,
so i am building a haynes roaster and desperate for floor mount pedal box it has to be floor mount cause of my chassis lay out,pls see what you can do and let me know,my email ,thanks Alex
well for a start its baz-r! welcome to the site
what you need to do is cut and paste the list into a new post and add your name to it
it would also be a real good idea to remove your email address buy using the edit button on your last as you never know who or what its going to be used for in the internet!