Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Donor cars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2012, 05:41 PM

Default MX 5 donor available

I bought an MX5 donor before Christmas as I was intending to build a Haynes from scratch but have since bought a damaged/ repairable MK Indy as a rebuild project- making my MX5 donor now surplus.

It's a 1992 Mark 1 1600 (115bhp, not the later detuned 90bhp) that has done between 150 and 160, 000 miles. It starts and runs well and there are no faults that i have been able to detect; no slipping clutch, no or odd noises from the engine, gearbox or diff.

I let the seller take the doors, boot, bonnet, lights, ragtop and nose which was a good arrangement as it reduced the amount of stuff that i would later have to remove and it dropped the price from the original £ 395 he was asking down to £ 325. I'm looking for the same amount back.

The V5 is present and is currently on SORN. There are a wodge of receipts and old MOTs and I there are some photos of it in it's present form and before the doors and panels were removed.

It is currently at my father's house in Leigh on Sea, about half an hour from the M25. It will come with a new MX5/ Miata workshop manual which i bought to help in it's later dismantling.

I did my homework and quite a bit of searching around to find a decent usable MX5 that hadn't been in an accident at a sensible price. This one seemed just right for me as a donor package as all the parts needed for a roadster were there and it drove well. The seller was a genuine chap who was very much into MX5s. (Didnt actually look like a hairdresser though)

It starts,runs and can be driven onto a trailer.

If you need it taken apart further e.g. subframes unbolted from the body etc so that you can transport it in a van or box trailer rather than on a car trailer please let me know as im sure we can come to some arrangement.

My email address is silk_c@o2.co.uk and numbers are 01702,585925 mob 07703161602.
Old 4th February 2012, 08:18 PM

If your looking at picking up your mk from the north east by trailer then I could be very interested if we could do a deal for you to bring it up and drop it off about 5 miles from nts's unit let of know thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 10:08 PM

It would help a sale if you could post some pictures of the mechanical bits up, and any service history

If the buyer does require the car to be taken apart further before taking it away from you, make sure that you undo the hub nuts before you remove the subframes, otherwise they may encounter problems further down the line.

Last edited by PorkChop : 6th February 2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10th February 2012, 07:59 PM

Thats a deal then. Sold !
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax1974 View Post
If your looking at picking up your mk from the north east by trailer then I could be very interested if we could do a deal for you to bring it up and drop it off about 5 miles from nts's unit let of know thanks