Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th May 2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianr View Post
went round looking for people wearing masking tape but missed you sorry
Sorry I missed you. Was only there for three hours. Spoke to an Ultima owner who was selling his car or his miss was, he didn't seem to happy, £45k. Then into hall A-E quick run round there, popped my head into the cars for sale hall, not much there.

Quick watch of the Westy's being ragged around then finally found show halls 1 and 2, spoke to a guy who built a roaster back in 2012 and had since built 3 other more expensive cars and was now doing key turn builds for MEV's Aston Martin replica which looks ace.

I was then stopped dead in my tracks by this......

After staring and drooling for 20 minutes I finally dragged myself away spoke to westfield about the s2000 car and dimensions and then had a long chat with Canems ECU's and the Road Runner Racing guys. Some clever mx5 engine tricks going on there and the SR2 chassis design is on another level better than caterham or westfield in my opinion. Bought a QR boss from rally design quick look at the show stopping Supercharged Ultima, more drooling and then I was heading back to the car.

So many 7 types it was a bit overwhelming. There are some M3 donor 7's there but with the enormous wheels, look like you could go off road with the ground clearance. A lot of haynes roadster look a like chassis there too.
Old 4th May 2015, 10:19 AM

I Know what you mean about this cobra stopped me dead to, it took my son 10 mins to drag me away.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124541083@N02/
Old 4th May 2015, 03:23 PM

Nice bit of kit isn't it. Being a BMW fan (don't judge) I was very keen on GKD. All the stuff just plugs and plays with the BMW OEM parts. Pretty cool. Plus M3 or maybe even V8 power. New trousers anyone?

Gotta say that there were very few haynes roadsters there. Locost Owners pen had one, very nice, roadster in it. Is Locost dead? Sleeping maybe?
Old 4th May 2015, 03:25 PM

That Cobra is awesome. Had a good look at that one.
Old 4th May 2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
Hada good look around the halls but so many 7 type cars. Which one/s or stand where you?
I think mine was the only Roadster in the halls. Orange roll cage, on SA Motorsport's stand opposite the CKC stand. Camouflaged Westfield next to it.
Old 4th May 2015, 08:30 PM

Smile

I think every one of us stopped and drooled at that one.
Pork chop, came over to see you but you were awal, had a good chat with two other guys on the stand.
I am a member of the SHACC Shropshire alternative car club and met up with the two main people from the club to be told that they would be driving home in the CKC Beritini as they had bought it from them.
And yes i did spend too much money, seeings as i was only going for a few little things, like billet lamps at £18 a time 3 off, but god they do look good.

Arfon
Old 4th May 2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
I think mine was the only Roadster in the halls. Orange roll cage, on SA Motorsport's stand opposite the CKC stand. Camouflaged Westfield next to it.
Oh right that was you, I did have a look at that as I recognised it as an SSC mx5 chassis. Uh if i'd of known!