Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th January 2013, 11:53 PM

Unhappy Selling my build donor and chassis

I have not come to this point easily lots of thinking, but I am selling my build, the reason is I just dont have the time to scratch build a car. I have decided that if I am to build a car in the future it will be from a manufacture kit.

The chassis was fabricated by phil at talon motor sport and it is for a mx5 based build. It has all the suspension brackets, steering rack mount and seat belt mounts fitted. It also has the plates around the driver foot well tacked in. It also has a fabricated bracket for the nose of the diff, and the mounting point on the chassis for it. It is also sprayed in zinc cromate so no rust to clean off.

The donor is still registered and sorn with v5 present, the donor was imported from japan in 2001 and it is a 1994 1.8 eunos roadster so I think it has a torsion 1 limited slip diff but not a 100% sure. All the componets are there from the donor for the build. I stripped the donor myself and drove the donor so the engine/gearbox are good.
Donor milage 57000 approx.

I have a few other bits for the build new engine mounts and the bearing for the steering colum, and some bushes without crush tubes in black.

I thought I would give you guys on here a chance first before I put it on the bay, I am open to sensible offers. I would like to sell it as job lot but would sell the chassis seperately, but Dont really want to split the donor parts up etc would loose the age related plate.

Please PM me if anyone is interested, or if you have a question I wont put it on the bay for a week or so. It has taken me ages to come to this decision, but DJ sports cars are only up the road to me and there new bmw based rush looks really nice, now where did I put my bank robbers mask.
Old 12th January 2013, 10:54 AM

I am very sorry to see you are selling up mate.

I dont want to make you question that decsion but - with the work you have done already and the parts you have aquired you are further along than you think. Yes at the moment it's a bare chassis and a pile of parts that would take time to build into a car but no more time and certainly less money than for building a Tiger, Luego, MK, MNR etc . There is as much support and good advice available from people on this great forum as there would be from those manufacturers.

Now do a bit of a mad thing before you actually put it on Ebay. Get over to my house today and drive my Indy round for an hour or so. Take it round some country roads, play tunes on the gearbox and then think it's doing that with an almost unmodified Pinto engine. The MX5 based Roadster that you'd be building would be both more powerful and lighter.
Old 15th January 2013, 12:05 PM

Can I ask what sort of ball park figure you're looking for? I'm just starting out and wanting to start an MX5 variant, if yours was within my price range it would be perfect and save me a lot of faffing about.

I've been on locostbuilders for a while but only just moved over to here.