Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th June 2013, 05:58 PM

f**king w**nkers .. i now how you feel mate i had my 2 motorbikes stolen wile i was asleep on the settee.. police did nothink .. didnt evan turn up so sorted it myself
ill keep an eye out on ebay/gumtree ect for you mate
Old 29th June 2013, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Stealing a car is dreadful, stealing one that somone is obviously working hard putting in their money and hours of craftsmanship is plain disgusting.

Put up pictures and descriptions, it's not a massive community and it's not easy stuff to pass on.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 29th June 2013, 06:44 PM

gutted for you mate. I'd keep an eye on ebay and see if they try and shift it on that way
Old 29th June 2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo View Post
Put up pictures and descriptions, it's not a massive community and it's not easy stuff to pass on.

TT
Agree with TT, we all trawl the bay etc looking for bargains so if you have pics of the missing stuff post them up and if they surface there's a possibility someone will recognise them.
Old 29th June 2013, 09:33 PM

What colour plastics are we looking for??????????

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 30th June 2013, 10:24 AM

Wink

Thank you all for your help and concern yesterday. I was off line most of yesterday evening due to a few developments. Police called around last night they had found rear tub, and my arches. They were being sold in Chepstow as genuine westfield items. The police have had intelligence on who has done it, turned out an old lady saw him doing it, and didn't realise that he was steeling stuff until I posted flyers through her door. Love her, I love old ladies, bought her a bunch of flowers to thank her, she knows who it is, but will only tell the police. The items were being sold around the town, but if you gentleman could keep an eye open for a dax rush bonnet, in black, with a carbon fibre big rush scoop on it, being sold in Chepstow please I would really appreciate it ! My bonnet is very easy to spot, because if you zoom in on it, pretty much bang in the middle of the scoop, there is a blister in the carbon fibre effect gel coat. Front nose cone is brand new in black, being sold in Chepstow also. Wishbones are also still missing, these are mx5 spec wishbones, with adjusters on all lower wishbones, exactly the same as what's in the gillham online site.

I would like to thank some really good friends off this site who have pm me offering bits to keep my enthusiasm going. Got to be honest, without the brotherhood & concern from everybody on this forum, I would have scrapped the project. Any information will be greatly appreciated, I can't offer any award sorry, I am broke, but I will owe you forever !

Please gents check that you are fully insured, it's been the most horrible 24 hours or so ever, insurance would have just sweetened the kick in the nuts slightly ! One thing that I haven't mentioned in the above is my sealey mighty mig 190 about 18 months old in red. I haven't mentioned it above, because I am not expecting it to come up on kit car forums. But sleep well I knowing that when I meet this little scroat, he will think twice about screwing with people again. My usual job is a long distance truck driver for a massive well known haulage company, I live in my truck all week to provide the best for my family & my hobby, and some little shit will have that point beaten into him.

Enjoy your builds, protect your bubble ! And I promise that this will not be the end of my build. Once again, thank you to every one, you have all been brilliant.
Old 30th June 2013, 10:45 AM

Thats pretty good going Jason considering its only been a few days, with a bit luck I think we all hope the rest will turn up.
Old 30th June 2013, 01:13 PM

good news mate! Hope they get the rest back for you.
Old 30th June 2013, 02:56 PM

Post up what you have missing Jason.

Really gutted for you, but pleased some bits have turned up.
Old 30th June 2013, 04:40 PM

Unlucky pal, i feel for you but don't let it keep you down, Chin up!

My mate had his priority's all right, house where his kids and missus are no alarm, garage where his lathe, mill and drag bike are is like fort knox!

for the future these wireless alarms are pretty nifty,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AEI-SECURI...item1e7be02580

£90 solar powered bell box, one PIR and one mag door sensor. for those like me that cant be arsed running wires! ive used them they r pretty good systems for the money.