Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th May 2015, 09:42 PM

Default Windscreen

Thinking about the future (when I have built the car and had it IVAd) and a windscreen, does anyone know if any caterham/westfield screens fit the haynes scuttle?
Old 26th May 2015, 09:52 PM

hi, just waiting for my wide body westy screen to come will post pics of fit or not ! and what mods are required to fit it, got a pair of westy pillars/ mirrors then all the gumf that goes with it
Old 27th May 2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyt View Post
hi, just waiting for my wide body westy screen to come will post pics of fit or not ! and what mods are required to fit it, got a pair of westy pillars/ mirrors then all the gumf that goes with it
Did you get that one that was on ebay recently? That's the reason I asked, I've been watching one that I think finishes tonight or maybe I've missed it.
Old 27th May 2015, 01:39 PM

I got a Robin Hood screen which I am actually going to sink into the scuttle slightly to get over the slight difference in the profiles. Bit of a work it out as I go along but I have a plan......how hard can it be?
Old 27th May 2015, 07:48 PM

Hi Dubzter, no I joined the westy club really welcoming and all 7's welcome, spoke to a couple of guys on there who gave me the sizes and put a wanted ad but postage is the problem so.... bit the bullet and ordered a new polished frame one from westfield £240 all in shhh, but the price includes a shipping box so hopefully be ok, post and vat. if looking for one make sure you get a wide one.
once I get it I will take some trial fit pics etc so all can see whats required.
rpjg, would it not be easier to wrap the bottom of the screen with some thin plastic and make a fiberglass fillet onto the scuttle, this can then be feathered into the scuttle top profile front and back of the screen this then leaves the integrity of the scuttle as is also you have clear space underneath for demister vents/ ducts wiper mechanism
Old 27th May 2015, 09:01 PM

Nice one Gary, look forward to seeing how it pans out.
Old 27th May 2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyt View Post
Hi Dubzter, no I joined the westy club really welcoming and all 7's welcome, spoke to a couple of guys on there who gave me the sizes and put a wanted ad but postage is the problem so.... bit the bullet and ordered a new polished frame one from westfield £240 all in shhh, but the price includes a shipping box so hopefully be ok, post and vat. if looking for one make sure you get a wide one.
once I get it I will take some trial fit pics etc so all can see whats required.
rpjg, would it not be easier to wrap the bottom of the screen with some thin plastic and make a fiberglass fillet onto the scuttle, this can then be feathered into the scuttle top profile front and back of the screen this then leaves the integrity of the scuttle as is also you have clear space underneath for demister vents/ ducts wiper mechanism
I'm pretty sure that Westfield also do a heated screen which eliminates the need for a heater. I'm sure to was about £500 though
Old 28th May 2015, 11:10 PM

yes they do , they had one on the shelf and I considered it for a nano second £mega cant remember the exact figure quoted , I was in shock so decided to wait for the un heated .
Although by the time you add in a heater, ducting vents etc it starts adding up but at least you can spread the cost
Old 29th May 2015, 10:24 AM

heater and vents are only really required for IVA, if you fit it after then no need for them.
Old 29th May 2015, 01:51 PM

if you have a saturn/fabby/nts body you will find the angle of the sides of the scuttle do not lend them selfs to fitting a screen as the the bottom of screen will end up too narrow
the haynes is very wide in the chassis way wider than a westfield wide body
i have a screen with the right width and tapper to match the chassis, what im going to have to do is make up infill bits to fill the void!