Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th May 2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norton View Post
Hi,

I've read through your thread (great read and very useful) but, an I probably missed it but what brand bodywork did you use?

Cheers
Gav
Hi Gav,

AGM! http://www.agmsportscars.co.uk

I recommend the bodywork but as with most it's not perfect. My only real complaint is looking at the rear arches, one side is slightly different to the other, hardly noticeable but it did bug me for a couple of weeks. There was an old timer called Alan Whitehead making the panels and the gelcoat was almost flawless but he's retired now and sold on the moulds and the websites not responding at the moment. The colour I ordered is Ayres red 503 (Masons paint colour). HTH

Certainly recommend the nose, bonnet and scuttle they fit really well with some patience.
Old 24th May 2015, 12:40 PM

Found some info on who is making the panels now. Seems like a professional bloke. I wanted to find him in case I need replacements.

http://www.totalkitcar.com/2014/07/1...locost-panels/

"All change at AGM Sportscars, with the company’s kit projects finding new homes. The very capable WLR is now under the control of Adrian Beale, the man who debuted a brand new Cobra replica at Stoneleigh this year.

Meanwhile, AGM’s Alan Whitehead is a gifted GRP laminator and also offered a range of panels to suit Locost and Haynes Roadster kits, gaining a great reputation for the quality of glassfibre.

That side of the business is now known as Al’s Locost Body Shop run by engineer, Ian Armitage, a close neighbour of AGM, located on the same industrial estate. The plan is to continue offering the panels, available either as a full package or as individual parts, but also to add extras to the pricelist, the sort of stuff that Locost and Haynes Roadster builders would find attractive.

Because of Ian’s engineering background and skill with metal, it’s no surprise to learn that a chassis package is under development as are wishbones. More information on this one soon.

Prices for GRP panel kits are very keen, with Locost bodykit at £620 and Haynes Roadster 10-piece ensemble at £750.

Don’t forget the place and the date you read this news item. First again…

A new website is under development but in the meantime you can find more information via the www.agmsportscars.co.uk or 07752 194 200 ENDS."

Oh here we go!
http://alsbodyshop.co.uk

Last edited by CTWV50 : 24th May 2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 24th May 2015, 09:48 PM

Took a trip out in it today on my own to visit an old friend and take him for a spin. He was suitably shook up after our little excursion. Got a nice pic of his mk2 8v and my car on his driveway.

Last edited by CTWV50 : 24th May 2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 25th May 2015, 07:47 AM

Great stuff, appreciate the link thank you.
Old 25th May 2015, 01:15 PM

LOL!

Car coded axle stands, I was a bit bored!
Old 28th May 2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
AGM! http://www.agmsportscars.co.uk

I recommend the bodywork but as with most it's not perfect. My only real complaint is looking at the rear arches, one side is slightly different to the other, hardly noticeable but it did bug me for a couple of weeks.
After smashing NTS's flawed rear arches, I ordered AGM's. The price was very good and the wings looked sweet when they arrived. However, they were very light (just over 1 kg each!), made out of single layer of 600g matting with thicker edges, and didn't take another traffic cone impact too well. Also, the rear surface of the arches is not strictly cylindrical, so the Caterham Britax rear light does not sit very well on it.
Old 28th May 2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alga View Post
After smashing NTS's flawed rear arches, I ordered AGM's. The price was very good and the wings looked sweet when they arrived. However, they were very light (just over 1 kg each!), made out of single layer of 600g matting with thicker edges, and didn't take another traffic cone impact too well. Also, the rear surface of the arches is not strictly cylindrical, so the Caterham Britax rear light does not sit very well on it.
Stop hitting things Albert!
Old 28th May 2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alga View Post
Also, the rear surface of the arches is not strictly cylindrical, so the Caterham Britax rear light does not sit very well on it.
Agree with this also, maybe avoid the rear arches when ordering the body kit, also alga you should try harder to avoid those traffic cones!
Old 28th May 2015, 07:08 PM

In contrast I recon I could jack up my car by the Equinox arches....

Cheers
Stot
Old 7th June 2015, 10:13 PM

Beefed up the pass side wheel arch support. Not as much as the drivers side, but I thought I'd see how this version faired. It's made from baby-dam-baby-den-bars!

In other news I've ordered the 1.8 a 4.5kg flywheel! Oh and just bought a MX5 mk2 1.8 to break and keep the engine, possibly.