Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > SVA/Legal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th December 2011, 02:00 PM

Yes the vauxhall system it would appear i dont have a feed to the key reader from the abs / traction control ecu. Hence i dont think im getting power to it BUT the feed comes from the odometer/ road speed circuit now im thinking do i need this track and feed from the abs sensors and will the odometer / speedo not work !!! Cos thatll be annoying !

Now got to read the haynes hyrogliphics for that ecu but my eyes hurt !
Old 29th December 2011, 02:11 PM

haha yeah good luck with reading that , are you using the omega dash instruments? if so i can imaging that will be a pain in the **** but with time and a little thaught on it it will be ok that means im going to have to make a few looms up haha as im using a digi dash.

wasnt there a bloke on one of the vaux forums who can put a chip in to de-immobilise the vauxhall ecu's?

ill look for that later
Old 29th December 2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz-r View Post
the good book says

A vehicle MUST be fitted with either a mechanical anti – theft device or an electronic immobiliser
If fitted to the Vehicle, a anti – theft device
a.
must be operational
b.
must not operate on any part of the braking system
If it incorporates a mechanical part that acts upon a system used to control the vehicle
a.
It must Deactivate before the engine can be started
b.
It must be deactivated while the engine is running
c.
It must have a actuation which is a distinct and separate function from that of stopping the engine
Where the vehicle has no mechanical anti - theft device fitted:
An electronic immobiliser must be fitted
That eliminates the handbrake lock, the foot pedal locks, fuel taps <because in theory a car might still fire up>,steering locks, gear lever locks and the good old battery switch. Is that it?

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 29th December 2011, 11:03 PM

had no luck whatsoever today !i was planning to use everything i could now im looking at either

£70 plus for new ignition components trial and error

or

go the whole hog and go megasquirt and stick some itb's on it for good measure eliminating my bonnet fitment issue.

at least it will run and put a few horsies on then ill either have to make the dash work or bin it and go digi !

not a good weekend for me thanks vauxhall !
Old 30th December 2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterob View Post
had no luck whatsoever today !i was planning to use everything i could now im looking at either

£70 plus for new ignition components trial and error

or

go the whole hog and go megasquirt and stick some itb's on it for good measure eliminating my bonnet fitment issue.

at least it will run and put a few horsies on then ill either have to make the dash work or bin it and go digi !

not a good weekend for me thanks vauxhall !
megasquirt it
Old 30th December 2011, 07:00 PM

Ive been looking into it and looks like the best option is going to be megasquirt and some gsxr throttle bodies this will also eliminate the issue of the original throttle body hitting the bonnet. Ive no experience with megasquirt but as clarkson would say " how hard can it be ? ".

Im a bit dissapointed with myself as the last car i built the donor ecu and custom loom i made worked brilliantly ! No immobiliser to mess with on that though.

Suppose i best let this thread go now ! Sorry for the hijack
Old 2nd January 2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Ive been looking into it and looks like the best option is going to be megasquirt and some gsxr throttle bodies this will also eliminate the issue of the original throttle body hitting the bonnet. Ive no experience with megasquirt but as clarkson would say " how hard can it be ? ".

Im a bit dissapointed with myself as the last car i built the donor ecu and custom loom i made worked brilliantly ! No immobiliser to mess with on that though.

Suppose i best let this thread go now ! Sorry for the hijack
haha your fine yeah i would agree about megasquirt i personally would really like to run ms but its just the £££ at the end of the day. annoying thing is, i have the laptop/software/acess to a jimstim and a wideband but just not the unit it self haha!
Old 2nd January 2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
as clarkson would say " how hard can it be ? ".
And we all know what follows that..... "Don't say that" from hammond and may in unison, shortly followed by a comedy of errors!
Old 3rd January 2012, 08:52 PM

there is a pre built megasquirt called microsquirt for the cost and time it might be a good option if your not building 1 from a kit form,
no sim will be needed and has all the basic stuff but you will have to check it does what you need i do know it has all the stuff to run a zetec.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael92 View Post
haha your fine yeah i would agree about megasquirt i personally would really like to run ms but its just the £££ at the end of the day. annoying thing is, i have the laptop/software/acess to a jimstim and a wideband but just not the unit it self haha!
Go for the megasquirt only if you want as much hassle and frustration as your having already. I gave up on MSQT and went with omex!

BV