Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stoneleigh Show (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3859)

twinturbo 2nd May 2010 04:00 PM

How are raffle sales going?

gingea1pom 2nd May 2010 04:55 PM

What a day!

I spent £250 by 11 o'clock! Got almost every thing on my list including the seats I wanted no Sieara track rod ends though!

It is freezing cold but I have spent most of the day inside.

Slimtater, I haven't seen a rolling road but that doesn't mean there isn't one here I will ask when we all gather at 7 tonight.

TT, only done 20 Quids worth but I said I will do all the selling tonight. The 20 quid is from people who where thrusting money in my hand, I just couldn't say no.

Handyandy has been pushing the Roadster on the Locost stand with one of his Chassis kits, Ash's car and my banner. So top marks for him, it's freezing.

Looks like Ash's car might be on the CKC stand tomorrow.

I'm of to see if I can get Davey's Mrs to make me a brew.

OK there is steem coming from the back of LesG's van looks like the kettle is on.

Bumped into Chris Gibbs looking at his book in a glass case on the Deamond Tweeks stand, funny.

Oh I saw VBH she looks better on the tely!

This is killing my thumb typing on the BlackBerry and there is no spell checker!

Cheers Ginge

Davey 2nd May 2010 05:07 PM

As Ginge says its bleedin' freezin' here! I ain't spent a penny on anything roadster related much to my dismay, I was planning on spending around £750ish but no one seems to have what I want :-( . Never mind, tomorrow's a whole new shopping day.

Ginge, the Mrs says kettle's on mate ;-)

D.

Davey 2nd May 2010 05:12 PM

Here's a link to the one and only photo available at the moment on mu facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=695178815

D.

John Marchant 2nd May 2010 08:45 PM

Thanks to everyone for making me welcome, especially for the cup of tea this morning after a cold wet night. Tent going straight back to argos in the morning, it's crap. Had a great time and hope it@s warmer dryer for the rest of you tonight.

davidimurray 2nd May 2010 10:02 PM

Just got back form the show. Was a fantastic - great to stand around with other roadster builders and wax lyrical :D Great to finally meet the two Andys - the Saturn stand looked fantastic - much bigger than I expected! Happened to pop next door as well and order my Triton seats from Emma:D Good to meet Ronnie (thanks again for the seat runners) and gus. Almost got hold of Ginge but he seemed to be on his bargain hunting mission this morning and evaded my capture through the exhibition hall! Surprised not to see that many bargains around - but you could save a few quid here and there - I got a fuse box which was twice the price on some other stands! Still managed to pick up lots of useful bits and have a look round and get lots of inspiration. Dying to get back out in the garage and get to work again! Think I will have to consider camping next year!

HandyAndy 2nd May 2010 10:28 PM

hi all, its still freezing here, tho thankfully its not raining at the mo...

shock horror...i actually spent some money on Roadster bits :D

just had a few drinks with everyone in the bar, live band , good banter, great night.

cheers
andy

slimtater 2nd May 2010 10:31 PM

Anyone found the rolling road yet? ;)

HandyAndy 2nd May 2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimtater (Post 37412)
Anyone found the rolling road yet? ;)

i haven,t seen or HEARD it , sorry :(

are you coming over in the TVR Slim?

cheers
andy

CaptainCrash1971 2nd May 2010 11:04 PM

Drove 200+ miles to get to the show today with tent in boot ready for tonight. Got there, managed to miss everyone Roadster related, froze me bits off, bought loads of tools and some suspension bolts, then drove 200+ miles home again cos it was bloody freezing.
Good show though, hopefully will be there in my own roadster next year and will hopefully get myself a bit more organised and arrange to meet up with some of the guys.
Severe lack of roadster related items though, it's a good job I live within spitting distance of Saturn for all my bits!!
Hope you guys ain't too cold tonight camping out, I'm just sitting in my nice warm living room drinking vodka n red bull and watching re-runs of 1986 auf wiedersehen pet.
Cheers lads
Alan