Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Chassis (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Chassis Plate Deal For New Builders (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6571)

minicountryman1961 3rd June 2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 59632)
I really do not understand all these Chassis Plates Deals? There is no more than for every plate required for the whole car? It's about to get real and back to Locost.

£200??????????

he was asking £65

MarkB 3rd June 2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 59635)
The whole point is that it's not a business. its a forum to help each other. If you want to make a living out of it, inhance the design and embrace the lifestyle like Saturn have.

Saturn never created the shape, they bought the moulds so if anyone "embraced the lifestyle" that twit in Cornwall did by creating the style that most Roadsters are wearing:rolleyes:

trick-kit 3rd June 2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

If you want to make a living out of it, inhance the design and embrace the lifestyle like Saturn have.

Been there done that, now i don't have to make a living out of it I'm able to offer builders more value for money. Take these parts for instance, they move the ease of manufacture forward from the book, or as you say they "inhance" the current parts, as far as I understand it's the only change that's happened to the Roadster since it was originally designed.

TK

twinturbo 3rd June 2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

The whole point is that it's not a business. its a forum to help each other. If you want to make a living out of it, inhance the design and embrace the lifestyle like Saturn have.

In fairness, some of the plates offered have been enhanced to interlock making the construction easier.

and if more people can supply then the market will drive down the price. Now on some products that's not good for Some suppliers, but they may not them self be making huge margins on that line anyway.

TT

Airhead 4th June 2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 59632)
I really do not understand all these Chassis Plates Deals? There is no more than £200 for every plate required for the whole car? It's about to get real and back to Locost.

Go to your local laser cutting, give then 20 pence worth of photocopies from the book and ask them to quote. If they want to charge for CAD drawings they are on the forum.

Sorry if this post annoys people but we are here to help each other an not make it commerical.

Usually minimum order of £50 exc VAT

Failing that, just leave it to the reputable suppliers, (we all know who without mentioning names) remember, you are not just buying a component, you are buying into 100 % top service at a fair price.

I don't get what you are trying to say here :confused: I doubt very much if individuals could get anything like the deal Trick is offering and the parts have been enhanced. Sorry but you have totally lost me.

wylliezx9r 4th June 2011 03:28 AM

There are people on here hijacking the thread, taking it totally off course to the purpose it was intended. Im not a moderator on here but if I was I would be deleting the posts. The origionator of the thread has put an offer out for parts for sale, If you dont want them DO NOT REPLY, stop wasting peoples time, simple isnt it.
Just for all time sake I am not afilliated with the originator of this thread and I dont have any commercial interests at all.

Thanks Daniel

Spikehaus 4th June 2011 08:09 AM

To keep the peace I will say sorry and ask the moderators to remove the post. I only made the post because you saw what happened to 3GE, The only thing keeping my comments on here now are the people who decided to quote me within there own posts. This makes them just as naughty as me rather than ignoring it.

MarkB 4th June 2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 59643)
To keep the peace I will say sorry and it the moderators wish to remove the post its up to them. I only made the post because you saw what happened to 3GE,

I know the lads from 3GE and know their reasons for closing up shop and it wasn't through lack of work or others producing parts cheaper. Folk will always pay a little more for top quality items, that's why 3GE were always busy.

spud69 4th June 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkB (Post 59638)
Saturn never created the shape, they bought the moulds so if anyone "embraced the lifestyle" that twit in Cornwall did by creating the style that most Roadsters are wearing:rolleyes:

And they bought them for a good price didn't they Mark when you wanted to retire from it all so why the big chip on your shoulder. And why call yourself "that twit in Cornwall", i don't understand it.

Saturn buy in a lot of parts to sell on to builders and after adding on some overheads, public liability insurance, corporation tax they are sold at pretty much cost price but they are offered for sale to try and give builders a one stop shop. If people can offer for sale parts at a better price without these overheads then all to the benefit of builders, well done John - after all that's what the forum should be about.

Hopefully to, by having regular visits from prospective builders and trips out in the roadster we have introduced and encouraged a lot of new builders to the roadster whether they go down the full self build route or buy pre-fabricated parts it doesn't matter. Adding value to the roadster concept and scene.

Apologies for having to put this on your thread but after purposefully never getting involved in Forum politics some things are going a bit too far and, in my opinion, side stepping what the forum was all about. Maybe why there's a lot of regular contributors not using the forum anymore.

Regards....Andrew

les g 4th June 2011 11:20 AM

the mods must out sunbathing or this thread would of been deleted long ago
see rule 10 sub-section 3a
no humour or anything mildly critical or slightly controversial allowed
cheers les g