Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Donor cars (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Donor found!! (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4029)

HandyAndy 5th April 2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCrash1971 (Post 35564)
Is flyerncle quite local Andy, and does he make a habit of ripping peoples cars to bits? Might save me a divorce if I can get the car stripped away from home.

Flyerncle is fairly local to you & I ( gateshead ) but i wouldn,t wish to commit him to the task of stripping a car,

Tho to be honest, if you intend to "sell on" alot of the parts, I would suggest you strip it on your drive, the car can still look fairly decent during the strip down , which should keep er indoors off your back ;)
When my donor was stripped.....how shall i say this??? we were ruthless to say the least in its dismantle :eek: :D it wasn,t pretty , lol

cheers
andy

twinturbo 5th April 2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alga (Post 35565)
Supposing it's us, (kit)car builders, driving the prices up, there shouldn't be a lot of demand for the body and interior parts.

Yeah... The saleable items are the bits kit builders want..

But Sierra owners are still on the lookout for slightly better condition stuff or upgrades.

A good non saggy headlining is money..
A full lockset is good
clear indicator make a little

Various bits can add up...

TT

Bonzo 5th April 2010 10:34 PM

Well done CC

That price seems about the sort of money you should expect to pay for a good runner ;)

As Andy has said .... The ideal car to go for if you plan to install a Zetec in your build at a later date :)

Have fun stripping the donor .... I love it .... Ripping em apart, knowing you don't have to put it all back together again :eek: :D

twinturbo 5th April 2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 35569)
That price seems about the sort of money you should expect to pay for a good runner ;)

As Andy has said .... The ideal car to go for if you plan to install a Zetec in your build at a later date :)

Have fun stripping the donor .... I love it .... Ripping em apart, knowing you don't have to put it all back together again :eek: :D

It's fun searching endless boxes for that bit of trim... Honest!!!

TT

Bonzo 5th April 2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 35570)
It's fun searching endless boxes for that bit of trim... Honest!!!

TT

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

Spent ages today looking for my nice new shiny sump plug .... Removed it when I done the sump chop.

Got so frustrated, I sent Junior out to Halfrauds for another one :(

You just know I am going to trip over the other one tomorrow :D :D

twinturbo 5th April 2010 10:50 PM

I will put a "Oh there it F....ing is!" T-Shirt in the post to you first thing tomorrow!!

TT

HandyAndy 5th April 2010 10:53 PM

:D :D
when i was getting my chassis to the rolling stage I was forever losing my 17mm & 19mm spanner & sockets :eek:
to the point that i,d end up cleaning the garage just to find the little blighters :o

glad its not just me then , lol

cheers
andy

Bonzo 5th April 2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinturbo (Post 35574)
I will put a "Oh there it F....ing is!" T-Shirt in the post to you first thing tomorrow!!

TT

I blooming need one .... I cleaned the Workshop up before I started work on the engine :eek: :D

Could loose stuff for England me :rolleyes: :o

flyerncle 6th April 2010 07:09 PM

Stripping the car is no problem,getting rid of the bits is your nightmare.

And you did return at 3:45 just in time to go home (you know who you are !:p )

It was done with love and affection !

CaptainCrash1971 6th April 2010 11:07 PM

I reckon I'll just take off any bits needed and set to the shell with an angle grinder. Chop it into buts small enough to go into me trailer and down to scrapyard. Just saves me loads of grief getting the shell picked up.
Plus, will be sooo much more fun!!!:D :D