Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Roadster Owners Club (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4115)

Davey 18th April 2010 05:16 PM

One little question, and I'm not trying to be difficult here but looking forward (hopefully). What is the main reason for bringing such a club into being?

Another question that is related is what will be the main aim and objective of such a club?

The answers to these two questions will hopefully form the backbone of the club's constitution.

D.

HandyAndy 18th April 2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey (Post 36442)
One little question, and I'm not trying to be difficult here but looking forward (hopefully). What is the main reason for bringing such a club into being?

Another question that is related is what will be the main aim and objective of such a club?

The answers to these two questions will hopefully form the backbone of the club's constitution.

D.

A couple of good constructive questions there Davey.....

My main reason for suggesting of creating such a club was to allow "us" to have the contact details available in publications such as the various kit car magazines to hopefully inform people that this forum & the concept of building a car from the book excists, for people that haven,t found this forum or are not aware that the "Book" is available.

The main aim of the club is to raise awareness of the Haynes Roadster Marque/Brand by all possible public means.

From that foundation the club could then go onto being able to possibly finding discounts from insurance / trackdays etc etc similar to how other clubs benefit.

cheers
andy

spud69 18th April 2010 05:34 PM

Just seen this thread, been busy all weekend, but what a great idea. The Haynes Roadster scene is big enough and getting bigger to warrant this....:cool: A section could also be dedicated to development of the single seater, would be good for people to see and attract more excitement and interest. There's loads you could put in there if somebody has the time to do it.

I believe £10 a year would be more reasonable / realistic, i'm sure most people have had experience of how costs can spiral for things projects that you think wont cost TOO much, especially if you call into B&Q for a few bits.

Go for it.......AndyH

Davey 18th April 2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 36449)
A couple of good constructive questions there Davey.....

My main reason for suggesting of creating such a club was to allow "us" to have the contact details available in publications such as the various kit car magazines to hopefully inform people that this forum & the concept of building a car from the book excists, for people that haven,t found this forum or are not aware that the "Book" is available.

The main aim of the club is to raise awareness of the Haynes Roadster Marque/Brand by all possible public means.

From that foundation the club could then go onto being able to possibly finding discounts from insurance / trackdays etc etc similar to how other clubs benefit.

cheers
andy

Top man Andy, those are just about exactly the answers I was looking for. Don't forget that as the club would be retaining personal details of its members it will fall under the data protection act and therefore will need to be registered with the commissioner blah blah blah:D . A committee will need to be formed with a detailed constitution laying out the intentions and purposes of the club and how it expects members to behave etc etc etc. It's all good fun running a club:p , been there, done that, don't want to play again:p .

D.

HandyAndy 18th April 2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey (Post 36470)
Top man Andy, those are just about exactly the answers I was looking for. Don't forget that as the club would be retaining personal details of its members it will fall under the data protection act and therefore will need to be registered with the commissioner blah blah blah:D . A committee will need to be formed with a detailed constitution laying out the intentions and purposes of the club and how it expects members to behave etc etc etc. It's all good fun running a club:p , been there, done that, don't want to play again:p .

D.

Cheers Davey...........

So that we can be prepared prior to stoneleigh, how about forum members submitting themselves or nominating others for the committee,
also so that once an elected committee(informally until final acceptance) has been suggested lets also have suggestions to be included in the clubs constitution.
This is purely my opinion at this point......it would be nice to have the input of all forum members of how this club can be created .

so come on guys..... get your thoughts /idea,s / suggestions onto this thread.

cheers
andy

twinturbo 18th April 2010 08:19 PM

Won't be at Stoneligh myself, but I am sure you guys can come up with a good plan.

TT

tex 18th April 2010 09:11 PM

if your looking for web space the best deal iv come across so far is at
www.qawebhosting.com
They are doing lifetime hosting for just £50! You then buy whatever name you find which is around £15 - £20 for 2 years.. Iv used them a lot for a few websites iv made in the past and they are pretty good!
You get all the bells and whistles for that too.. Unlimited email addresses.. Shopping carts etc.. Is good! You can use the home page on their site to search for what name you want too..

HandyAndy 19th April 2010 06:18 PM

Little Update.......

I,ve been in touch with Chris Gibbs & he thinks this is a great idea, :cool:

I have asked Chris if he would do us the honour of being the club president & he has replied that he would be honoured to be the president IF thats what members would like .........as if not eh????? :D

Chris has also said he would contact Haynes to see if we would be allowed to use the "Haynes" name in the club title etc..........

so..........may I ask for nominations (nominate yourself or other forum members only if they are happy to be nominated) for the role of secretary & treasurer please............ I will then create a thread giving the list of names & attach a private poll to that thread.........

so come on guys......lets get this off the ground please.

cheers
andy

baz-r 19th April 2010 08:24 PM

all seems a bloody good idea to me chaps.

im in!

can i put myself down for a owners club smoking pipe and lighter from the merchendice shop :rolleyes:

Bonzo 19th April 2010 08:39 PM

I am dead keen to see the creation of a club dedicated to the Roadster & the single seater once the book has been published :cool:

Willing to assist in any way possible to ensure that it becomes a reality :)

Happy to assist with some of the minor admin work involved but feel that my personal circumstances would prevent me from taking on any major role :(

Also quite happy to make an additional contribution towards the web hosting cost of a club domain .... This may be difficult to fund via subscriptions alone whilst the club formation is at an early stage ;)