Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General discussion (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How many Roadsters being built (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2140)

Bonzo 14th July 2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil P (Post 17838)
SVA re-test tomorrow. I'm hoping to be on the road before next summer!:D

Good luck Neil :)

I hope all goes well for you ;)

Another completed build on the road very soon :cool:

HandyAndy 14th July 2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil P (Post 17838)
SVA re-test tomorrow. I'm hoping to be on the road before next summer!:D

all the best for your retest, keep us posted :) :D

andy

les g 14th July 2009 06:24 PM

Did someone mention "BEER" :cool: :cool:
if so i,m in :D
cheers les g

PS: what we gonna do

HandyAndy 14th July 2009 06:45 PM

i,m not sure what facilities are available at the Haynes museum, i,ll contact Chris to ask him if he can contact Haynes to see if there is something we can do as a collective forum, & create an event from what Haynes would allow etc.
will keep you all posted via this thread, :)

andy

Spikehaus 14th July 2009 09:36 PM

I think they are quite keen on club events. I attended the Electric Car club meeting last year. Need to say, the MEV Pocket out shined the rest of the pack! So do we have any dates in mind? If so will reserve the Dorset Cottage for the week.

HandyAndy 14th July 2009 09:49 PM

i,ve pm,d Chris, who has asked Haynes about doing such an event, he will get back with any any info he receives.

i was thinking maybe sometime summer of 2010, tho it all depends on what Haynes say.

will keep you all posted with any news of an event.

andy

Talonmotorsport 22nd July 2009 07:27 PM

There may be more haynes roadsters out there than this forum belives. Do not forget that not every body that has brought the book,built or building a car has internet access or any interest in online forums.

mark 22nd July 2009 07:56 PM

This is very true i had a finished chassis before i broke my silence! and i bet there is many more like me, come on folk come out of the woodwork!

You can find the answers to most questions without the need to post up.

I started posting because they are a couple of people building very close to me and wanted to meet them to talk roadster and get a go in spuds finished car ;) Which i must admit was excellent :D

raceral 10th August 2009 12:34 AM

I'll add mine to this even though I have deviated from Chris's original concept somewhat, mainly because of the lack of finding a good donor car over here.
That said I still feel it is a Haynes roadster in my mind, so I added my vote.
Al:)

Land Locked 10th August 2009 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 16346)
this is just my opinion , if the Roadster chassis is the main focus of the build but needs to be adapted to make use of what "available " donor parts are obtainable due to location / availability then i,d say yes its a Roadster, after all the book "suggests" the donor parts to enable the plans to be followed from the book.
thats how i,d see it anyway.

cheers
andy

Andy, I only saw this reply last night. I must have been sleeping when following this thread.

Thanks for the reply.