Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   roadster christmas raffle 2011 all for charity (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7379)

baz-r 6th November 2011 09:15 PM

roadster christmas raffle 2011 all for charity

I was thinking this morning this place needs some fun and do gooding thing so i had this idea of a charity raffle where any of us can donate money and/or items into a raffle so we can have fun and raise money.
I sent a text out to a few people i know and all thought it was a good idea so here's how it goes.
If you would like to add an item into the raffle simply add your name and what your donating to the prize list. People who buy a ticket could win, then it can be sent direct to them at end of raffle.
If you would like to buy a ticket you make a donation to http://www.justgiving.com/haynes-roadster-raffle-2011 and every £2 you donate gives you one ticket. Please add your forum name so I can see who has donated what and ticket numbers will be added in sequence. 100% of all monies goes to Cancer Research UK
number of tickets is unlimited.
At the end winning tickets will be picked at random and you will be contacted if you win.
* draw date 27/12/11 * (extended from 20/12/11 for ckc readers)
*if a moderator could sticky this please that would be great*

prize list
1. one new clutch cable to suit std book pedalbox to type9 gearbox from baz-r (postage inc)
2. selection of loctite (nut lock etc.) products all new from baz-r (postage inc)
3. front and rear wishbones in 2mm ERW with rear adjusters from Talon(postage inc )
4. 1 pair of fabricated rear uprights set at 30' to suit drums and disks from Talon (postage inc)
5. 1 basic haynes chassis in 1.6mm ERW up to RS14 includes suspension brackets and choice of tunel from Talon [u](collection/delivery to be arranged by winner
6. Vodou nose/bonnet scuttle combination in winners choice of colour from the range on offer.
7. dunlop caster camber kingpin gauge from vmax1974
8. 1 Year Complete Kit Car subscription and goody bag
9. Hairyhedgehog Haynes Roadster Hoodie in black with white image.
10. 1 set of 100% stainless steel flexible brake hoses (stainless steel fittings swaged on stainless steel braided Teflon hose), 4 hoses (2 rear, 2 front) for any car or any other specification. Manufacturer : Exact France.

Talonmotorsport 6th November 2011 10:02 PM

I thought about doing this awhile ago, as this is going to a cause that is very close to my family I'd like to offer up the following as prizes. The only thing I will say is that who ever gets the 'it's blindlingly obvious it can't be sent via royal mail' will either have to collect it or pay for the courier charges.

prize list
1. one new clutch cable to suit std book pedalbox to type9 gearbox from baz-r (postage inc)
2. selection of loctite (nut lock etc.) products all new from baz-r (postage inc)
3. front and rear wishbones in 2mm ERW with rear adjusters from Talon(postage inc )
4. 1 pair of fabricated rear uprights set at 30' to suit drums and disks from Talon (postage inc)
5. 1 basic haynes chassis in 1.6mm ERW up to RS14 includes suspension brackets and choice of tunel from Talon (collection/delivery to be arranged by winner)

trick-kit 6th November 2011 10:09 PM

Great idea Barry, and a good cause too, Cancer Research is a charity close to my heart.

The guys at Vodou (Matt, MarkA, MarkB and myself) would like to donate a bonnet/nosecone & scuttle as a prize. We'll supply a voucher so the lucky winner can chose the colour of the parts.

Good luck with the donations.

prize list
5. 1 basic haynes chassis in 1.6mm ERW up to RS14 includes suspension brackets and choice of tunel from Talon [u](collection/delivery to be arranged by winner
6. Vodou nose/bonnet scuttle combination in winners choice of colour from the range on offer.

TK

baz-r 6th November 2011 10:20 PM

big thankyou to all at vodou and talon thease are some real big prizes

baz-r 7th November 2011 06:31 AM

please please please put your forum name in your donation message so i can find you when you win :) (dont panic your message can be edited after)

also its £2 a ticket so if you donate an odd amount of money then the change will just go to charity (£5= 2 tickets + £1 just to charity)

thanks

MarkB 7th November 2011 09:47 AM

Baz, Can folk donate and NOT be in the draw as wouldn't be cricket to win something they donated..?:)

Cracking idea by the way

Nickp 7th November 2011 11:00 AM

Donated :)

rdodger 7th November 2011 11:49 AM

Great idea!
Done :)

MikeB 7th November 2011 12:13 PM

Whens the draw?
Great Idea more than happy to give to Cancer Research UK.

chrisponter 7th November 2011 02:40 PM

Donation Made :)

baz-r 7th November 2011 02:41 PM

you can just donate just add in your note on your donation
or if someone gets the same item thay donated then i was going to redraw a winner for that prize that was the plan.
draw is going to be after newyear as i see some big prizes have been added and i want to make it worth the effort for the kind people who have added the bigger prizes seems only fair

plan was to get a couple people together just to make it above board come draw time
even film and youtube it if needed

bertie_bas205 7th November 2011 06:25 PM

Done.....

Good cause, a year ago today i lost my big cousin Willie......

Bertie.

trick-kit 7th November 2011 06:37 PM

Barry,

Maybe as people donate and tickets are sold you could post on the forum ticket sales and names, 001 Mr A 002 Mr B 003 Mr C 004 Mr D etc

Then maybe the tickets could be printed out and one of the Mods can do the draw.

TK

Jimmyd 7th November 2011 07:06 PM

I will most certainly purchase some tickets within the next couple of days ( using my phone to post this). But can I just say the generosity in some of donations is truly astounding.

J

will_08 7th November 2011 07:14 PM

Well done Baz. I dont think there will be one of us who hasnt been affected by this illness in one way or another. A trully worthy cause.

When is the draw btw!!

baz-r 7th November 2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trick-kit (Post 67637)
Barry,

Maybe as people donate and tickets are sold you could post on the forum ticket sales and names, 001 Mr A 002 Mr B 003 Mr C 004 Mr D etc

Then maybe the tickets could be printed out and one of the Mods can do the draw.

TK

56 tickes sold

*ticket list id's removed *

baz-r 8th November 2011 01:46 PM

* update draw date set to 20th of dec 2011 *

Eddy 8th November 2011 05:33 PM

Top idea Baz. I've done mine.

baz-r 8th November 2011 07:49 PM

keep it coming people more tickets out the better :D
if anyone has any good things to put in as prizes please just add them into the list.
im sure all of you have a set of lights, mirrors or anything spare your not using in your build you could bung into the prize list it does not have to be all roadster stuff :)
i think them big boys came in all big and hard and frightend everyone away :D

vmax1974 8th November 2011 08:11 PM

I will throw my dunlop caster camber kingpin gauge in the mix may need to borrow it back when I have built my car though but its not getting used otherwise

baz-r 8th November 2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmax1974 (Post 67687)
I will throw my dunlop caster camber kingpin gauge in the mix may need to borrow it back when I have built my car though but its not getting used otherwise

tip top thanks vmax1974 :)

AshG 9th November 2011 10:55 AM

I have spoke with CKC guys and we would like to donate a Years Subscription to the magazine and goody bag

baz-r 9th November 2011 02:49 PM

thankyou eveyone at ckc for that prize
be good for any builder or owner :)

MarkB 9th November 2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshG (Post 67702)
I have spoke with CKC guys and we would like to donate a Years Subscription to the magazine and goody bag

9.Hairyhedgehog Haynes Roadster Hoodie in black with white image.

voucht 10th November 2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baz-r (Post 67606)

prize list
9. Hairyhedgehog Haynes Roadster Hoodie in black with white image.

Excellent idea Barry. I have donated on your page. But I also add a prize to the list :

10. 1 set of 100% stainless steel flexible brake hoses (stainless steel fittings swaged on stainless steel braided Teflon hose), 4 hoses (2 rear, 2 front) for any car or any other specification. Manufacturer : Exact France.

carlknight1982 11th November 2011 11:20 AM

Donation made, also shared with my facebook page to encourage others to donate.

baz-r 16th November 2011 06:20 PM

come on guys theres plenty of great prizes to win so donate to get your tickets :)

speedstar 21st November 2011 05:52 PM

Donation made :)

Jimmyd 27th November 2011 10:31 PM

Donation made, great cause, now figures crossed for the great prizes ;)

Twin 28th November 2011 08:37 AM

Donation done :D

MikeB 28th November 2011 09:57 AM

I can add an original Ron Champion book in great condition to the prize fund, for some reason I have two! and a Haynes Car Builders Manual (Designing and building your own car from scratch). Both together as a prize.

Mike

will_08 28th November 2011 11:17 AM

Donation made! :)

baz-r 28th November 2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB (Post 68376)
I can add an original Ron Champion book in great condition to the prize fund, for some reason I have two! and a Haynes Car Builders Manual (Designing and building your own car from scratch). Both together as a prize.

Mike

exelent thanks

prize list
9. Hairyhedgehog Haynes Roadster Hoodie in black with white image
10. 1 set of 100% stainless steel flexible brake hoses (stainless steel fittings swaged on stainless steel braided Teflon hose), 4 hoses (2 rear, 2 front) for any car or any other specification. Manufacturer : Exact France. from voucht
11. original Ron Champion book in great condition & Haynes Car Builders Manual (Designing and building your own car from scratch) from MikeB

brainbug007 30th November 2011 09:03 AM

I've donated now as well. This is a very good cause that I fully support as I've lost 2 close faimily members over the last few years to cancer.

KenK 30th November 2011 02:33 PM

Donation made. Thanks also to all the generous prizegivers!

Ken

baz-r 30th November 2011 08:23 PM

163 tickest sold and £334 plus £54.25 gift aid (total 388.25) raised so far :)

speedstar 1st December 2011 04:46 PM

Donation done :D
Great cause

Richard Dryden 4th December 2011 12:34 PM

Donation made, great cause, keep up the good work

rapidtornado 4th December 2011 06:03 PM

Donation made, well done for arranging.

I've just completed Movember and our team managed £780 for prostrate cancer, doens't seem a huge amount but it all adds up and if we each do just a little bit to better the life of someone else then it makes it all worth while

well done Barry :)

bertie_bas205 7th December 2011 08:02 PM

I'll donate a set of tie down straps and bridges (they'll be blue in colour)...

Bertie.