Haynes Forums

Haynes Forums (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Posting pictures (http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1990)

Bonzo 21st May 2009 03:49 PM

Posting pictures

I thought that I would start this little thread to help others who are having difficuly posting pictures & links .

Me being a computer moron took some time getting to grips trying to post pictures. :o

As far as i know, picture posting on the forum requires the use of a photo hosting service.

Plenty of good free ones out there.
Googles photobucket or Yahoos flickr are two very good ones. but there are quite a few others.

I use www.photobucket.com

Simply upload your pictures to your photo host site, you should be able to resize the photo when you upload.
Just choose 800x600 for a decent size postable picture.

Once you have uploaded your pictures, you will notice when you hover on or select a photo the direct link address will be displayed.

You will need to copy this direct link address, this is the one to be inserted into your post as a link or picture.

When you are creating your forum post & wish to add a link/picture

Use the insert link / insert image buttons on the toolbar above the text.

When you try you may be prompted to allow the use of scripted windows.

Select to temporarily allow scripted windows

Click on the link or image buttons again. This time you will be allowed to enter the direct address of your image or link.

I hope this makes some sense.

There may be better ways of posting links & photos, perhaps some of the more computer literate members would like to add some advice. ;)

Tatey 21st May 2009 04:07 PM

Good plan. There really are not enough pics of peoples builds or completed roadsters.

Im looking forward to the influx of pictures that better result from this.

AshG 21st May 2009 05:29 PM

tatey people have loads of pictures for you to look at. most people have a link at the bottom of their posts. if you click then it will take you to their build pictures.

Tatey 21st May 2009 05:45 PM

I've had a look at a few peoples, but in my eyes you can never have enough pictures to look at when you're sitting round waiting for the time that you have enough money to start your build :D

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 12:02 AM

ok here goes, i,m trying to attach a photo.
if it goes wrong then sorry.
andy

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 12:05 AM

it went wrong so try again :confused:
andy

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 12:17 AM

i still don,t get it????
andy
[/IMG]

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 12:19 AM

ahh getting hang of it.
i,ll down size the photo next time.
me & computers have never really got on :o :D
andy

dogwood 23rd May 2009 06:49 AM

Come on Andy. it's easy

dogwood 23rd May 2009 06:59 AM

If you know how.....:D :D :D

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 10:06 AM

:D it was there last night??????:D
i,ll have another go later.
andy

Bonzo 23rd May 2009 10:36 AM

Keep on trying andy :)

One top tip, Don't throw a hissy fit & heave the PC out of the window :confused:

It might damage the Roadsters bodywork:eek:
I know your build is at your mothers.

It is surprising how far you can throw a PC :D

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 15001)
Keep on trying andy :)

One top tip, Don't throw a hissy fit & heave the PC out of the window
It might damage the Roadsters bodywork
I know your build is at your mothers.

It is surprising how far you can throw a PC :D

:D no i won,t do that i,ll just get my angry grinder & see who wins, computer V grinder :D
right give me a few mins & see if i can do it.

andy

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 10:57 AM

here goes
[IMG][/IMG]
hope this works
andy

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 11:03 AM

try again otherwise grinder is coming out to play.
[IMG][/IMG]

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 11:04 AM

got it !!!! runs around computer doing the war dance :D :D
andy

Tatey 23rd May 2009 11:14 AM

Because you're using photobucket you dont need to use the forums picture method, you can just copy and paste the link from phorobucket. You just need the link with [IMG] at the start and [/IMG] at the end. Doing this will mean that you dont get the image tags appearing with your pictures.

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatey (Post 15008)
Because you're using photobucket you dont need to use the forums picture method, you can just copy and paste the link from phorobucket. You just need the link with [IMG] at the start and [/IMG] at the end. Doing this will mean that you dont get the image tags appearing with your pictures.

ok thanks for the info but now a really dumb question... how do i copy & paste? i really am useless with computers :o i think it would be easier with my old poloroid instant camera & a carrier pigeon :D
andy

Bonzo 23rd May 2009 11:18 AM

Your soooo close Andy ;)

It might help to double check the following.

In photobucket. Hover over the picture. A list of address codes are shown. Make shure that you are selecting the Direct link, easiest way to do it is right click on the direct link address & then copy it.

One you are ready to insert your image into your post. Click on the insert image button. click on allow scripted windows if prompted.
Click on insert image once again. Delete the http// bit from the box.

Paste the address that you copied from photobucket & click on ok.

All should work.

If you want to see if it has worked use the preview post feature, if all is well your picture should appear in the preview.

Go for it Andy, dying to see some pics of your progress ;) :cool: :)

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 11:42 AM

the above photo was taken on April 2nd, i,ll post a photo later with a photo taken today.
Ronnie, the build is going well, ( i think so ) tho my next step is to get the wishbones on , then as i have the donor bits ready i,ll get chassis onto wheels in next couple of weeks, basically been building for 6 weeks so far.
cheers
andy

fabbyglass 23rd May 2009 11:46 AM

How does this work if the pic is on your puta?...bit thick sorry

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabbyglass (Post 15016)

:o i haven,t got the foggiest idea, i,m just chuffed i posted a photo :D
its embarrassing really, as i can build a car but can,t send photos on the tinternet :o :confused:
andy

Bonzo 23rd May 2009 11:55 AM

By jove Andy you have cracked it :)

That's a nice pile of nice new steel there.

I bet it looks a lot different now ;) :D

Bonzo 23rd May 2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabbyglass (Post 15016)

That is why you need a photo hosting service. ;)

The images are then stored on the hosts web servers instead of your pc. :cool:

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 12:04 PM

here goes another try, the first pic was taken on April 2nd & this one on May 10th, i,ll get some more today.
hope this works
andy[IMG][/IMG]

Bonzo 23rd May 2009 12:25 PM

Looking cool :cool:

At the rate you are going, you'll be finished your build before I have even finished my tidy up :eek: :o :D

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzo (Post 15021)
Looking cool

At the rate you are going, you'll be finished your build before I have even finished my tidy up :eek: :o :D

its not easy to get clear photos of whole chassis as the garage is quite cramped, i,ve removed all the junk from behind the chassis & thats where my engine is on a cradle stand, more photos later.
hope to have car IVA,d by end of year, prob fail on something :o but then hopefully on road for next spring & stoneleigh show, promised to have my car there next year.
cheers
andy

Bonzo 23rd May 2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandyAndy (Post 15023)
Hopefully on road for next spring & stoneleigh show, promised to have my car there next year.
cheers
andy

I am really looking forward to next years show at Soneleigh, had a briliant time this year.:cool: :)

Going to try & go the whole hog next year. Both days, tent, wife & dog :D :D

Chris Gibbs 23rd May 2009 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just for anyone who wants to post a file from their own computer.

Click "Post reply"

Type your reply.

Click "Manage attachments" (below the reply window)

You will see a tag "upload file from your computer" This also shows you what types of file are acceptable, both pictures and text documents.

Type your file name and location in the box below, or (much easier) click the "browse" button.

You'll get a Windows Explorer window pop up. Navigate to the folder and then the file.

Click "open"

You'll be returned to the upload window.

Click "upload"

You'll get a message "uploading file(s)-please wait"

The File should appear under "current atachments"

Scroll down to the bottom and click "close this window"

When you post the attachment will appear at the bottom of your post, readers can click the attachment to view.

Cheers

Chris :)

Spikehaus 23rd May 2009 07:54 PM

Andy

It's great to see a photo of your build after so long! Give yourself a gold star!:D Now we can see the extent of how much you spent on bits at the Stoneleigh show!:eek:

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikehaus (Post 15042)
Andy

It's great to see a photo of your build after so long! Give yourself a gold star! Now we can see the extent of how much you spent on bits at the Stoneleigh show!

a gold star for what???? being able to post a picture or for the work on the chassis??? :D
i didn,t spend that much at stoneleigh, only ended up with a van full as what was brought to the show for me, roll bar & some shiny bright coloured doodahs :D ;) you know what i,m on about heh Ronnie??;)
took some more photos today but now have to work out how to post them again.
andy

onedayTM 23rd May 2009 08:41 PM

Hi all,
reading everything everyone is saying about posting pics but still cant do it. I have pics on flickr from last year and tried to upload both from ISP address and windows but comes up as failed. I may try and set up new account on photobucket and see what happens.

cheers
tm.

slimtater 23rd May 2009 09:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Works for me? Got some new wheels:

Bonzo 23rd May 2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onedayTM (Post 15047)
Hi all,
reading everything everyone is saying about posting pics but still cant do it. I have pics on flickr from last year and tried to upload both from ISP address and windows but comes up as failed. I may try and set up new account on photobucket and see what happens.

cheers
tm.

Stick with it tm ;)

I was very lucky, I had junior walk me through it about a gazillon times :rolleyes:

Still not got a clue as to how to update my web site though :o :o

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimtater (Post 15049)
Works for me? Got some new wheels:

very smart,
:D what you done with old uns????? ;) :D
andy

slimtater 23rd May 2009 09:33 PM

^^^^^
I knew you would ask that! ;)

They are going to be track day wheels - eventually with Toyo 888s on.

Can you believe the same size wheels/tyres/offets etc and the new ones rubbed! Had to remove the blue edge trim from the outer edge of the front wings.

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 09:37 PM

ahhh you know me so well:D
on track eh, that,ll be a buzz :cool:
you know i had to ask:o

andy

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 09:43 PM

trying to attach a photo, Chris,s way, if i go wrong, sorry.
andy
all i get is that the upload has failed, doesn,t say why,
what am i doing wrong?:confused:

Tatey 23rd May 2009 09:46 PM

It might be because the image is too large, as there is a filesize limit on the forum. It would probably be easier for you just to upload it to somewhere like photobucket instead of trying to get the image under 100kb, would be much quicker and easier and then if you want a galley you can easily set one up so people can browse photos.

HandyAndy 23rd May 2009 09:54 PM

ok thanks,
i just managed how to do it via photobucket then tried this way, think i,ll work on my photobucket gallery.
cheers
andy