Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Engine/transmission
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th February 2010, 05:04 PM

Question Zetec engine

Hi,
i have again been thinking of another change but this time to rid myself of the 1.8 cvh i currently have fitted and put in a 1.8 or 2l zetec from a mondeo. Now i know there are numerous guides on the net for this or eq, but the plan is for me to buy a old mondeo for around £200 that runs fine, and then use that engine and wiring and ecu from the mondeo i plan on buying. I dont want to go down the bike carb route. I wondered if i would need to change any mounts as currently i have a cvh with a type 9 fitted, as far as i was aware, the setec mounts are almost identical, but are they spaced the same as the cvh and the same distance from the gearbox or will i have to fabricate new mount. Also what mods,if any, are needed to bolt onto a type 9 gbox. I also wondered in the mondeo (pre immobiliser/pats) is the engine loom and ecu detachable from the main loom. Is switching my current cvh to a zetec sensible? I should also point out my original cvh failed an mot in the sierra i got it from due to exhaust emmisions and will likely need a full rebuild before i put the car through the iva, thats why id rather go staright to a zetec, even if it means q reg.

thanks