Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th July 2024, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Default Gone, replaced, Gone replaced, Gifted...

I think it was 2022 I finally called time on my 7 Dream. She had not been touched in years and the space in the garage I could do something else with ( I could have if #1 son had not stolen the fresh space)

I had been running a SS1 scimitar for a while so the 7 went, then the SS1 and I decided it was time to hand up my softop days. and a few weeks later bought a MX5 and MGTF at auction... The F was used breifly and sold on, the MX5 did me a year till I decided to hang up my soft top days and sold it. The a year later picked up a Z3 at the same local household auction...

That was a month and a bit ago. A month ago I bumped into an old colleague in Aldi. He used to have a Robin Hood, We used to chat about it up until our jobs parted company in 2008. But he still had it, but had not used it for five years, he wanted to dispose of it but to a good home for £0......... he casualy asked if I was interested...

Picking it up when I get back from holiday this week .

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 21st July 2024, 02:54 PM

Brilliant, hope you enjoy your new project! I'm on my 5th? kit car.
1 Aged 18 rescued what turned out to be the very first Ginnetta sold, a G2. Got it running and later traded it in for a Hillman Imp. (It's still going and has the reg number 329EMA and owned by a comittee member of the Ginetta owners club). Then a Ford Opus and by 1971 a Ginetta G15. Then marriage, mortgage children etc
2016 and it was a Haynes/Mazda Roadster. Brilliant machine - but - I said I would never take it out in the rain. Got caught 50 miles from home with a tremendous downpour. Roads flooded, aquaplaned on a stream crossing the road and it was written off.
Helped a friend build a Tiger Avon with ST 2000 engine on TB's - 225bhp. Missed the kit car. Now got a 1987 Dutton Legarra restoration project which has now been fitted with 1.6 nb Mazda engine. Still a fair bit to do but I'll be joining you with the Robin Hood sometime