Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st July 2012, 09:28 AM

Default MK Engineering?

Obviously much mentioned in the book, but not by people on here at all really. Which seems strange - have I missed something or are MK just no longer involved in supplying Roadster bits?
Old 31st July 2012, 10:13 AM

I sent an email to them ages ago asking if they still did bits for the haynes, I never got a response, however, there is a thread on locost builders that suggests its better phoning them as there website may not be comprehensive. I don't need bits just yet so never got round to it.

http://www.mkengineering.co.uk/

Last edited by The V8 Files : 31st July 2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 31st July 2012, 11:26 AM

Martin Keenan did some of the chassis design work with Chris Gibbs and also designed the MK Indy chassis. Other than the use of some curved tubes in the Indy the two chassis are remarkably similar. Martin's brother setup a business to make and sell MK Indy chassis and kits under the name of MK Sportscars. Martin continued with MK Engineering.

I haven't had any contact with MK Engineering myself but they have a good reputation as expert engineers and designers. They are not though renowned for returning calls or emails.

I have dealt with MK Sportscars a couple of times. They are best approached by phone as email response is very patchy. If you order something make it absolutely clear what you want, get them to repeat it back to you and be sure to get them to commit to a delivery date. The quality of their work is good but like many small businesses they are often overworked and whats promised in a week usually takes a fortnight. Danny Keenan goes racing a lot in his bike engined Indy R and posts it all over Facebook which can get up customer's noses when they are waiting for parts. Otherwise though pretty much ok and decent to deal with.