Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th May 2010, 08:12 PM

I think the proposal of a club makes perfect sense. After all, in 2 years time when all the builders currently using this forum have moved on to become owners/users/drivers, it would be great to have club that focusses on being an owner/driver.
The forum would continue to offer advice, support, contacts and information sharing about the building of a Haynes book car (be it Roadster.......) but the club would be more about "well I have built it and now want to do something with it".
Lots of car clubs have a forum as an offshoot so nothing wrong with doing it the opposite way around.
As long as Haynes want it to, the forum will exist.
As long as owners of Haynes book built cars want it to, the club will exist.
Old 10th May 2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimtater View Post
I think the proposal of a club makes perfect sense. After all, in 2 years time when all the builders currently using this forum have moved on to become owners/users/drivers, it would be great to have club that focusses on being an owner/driver.
The forum would continue to offer advice, support, contacts and information sharing about the building of a Haynes book car (be it Roadster.......) but the club would be more about "well I have built it and now want to do something with it".
Lots of car clubs have a forum as an offshoot so nothing wrong with doing it the opposite way around.
As long as Haynes want it to, the forum will exist.
As long as owners of Haynes book built cars want it to, the club will exist.
When put like that, it makes perfect sense. Thanks
Old 10th May 2010, 08:25 PM

Just to say the same thing as HandyAndy in a different way!

The forum is the most fantastic resource for someone building a Haynes roadster, whenever I chat to someone we always comment along the lines “I don’t know how I would have got as far as I have without the forum” notwithstanding the few who have built without ever finding it.

We the forum members will never own or have control of the forum, it belongs to Haynes.

We the HSCC will not have a club forum the Haynes forum will remain.

The reason we want a club is so we can belong to something along with like minded people, If you tried to go to an insurance company, organise a track day or get discount from a major supplier and said we are the Haynes Forum I don’t think it would have as much clout as we are the Haynes Sports Car Club.

I want to go to a club web site and look up club events and go along with my club Polo shirt on with my keys on a club key ring and make friends for life with like minded individuals, I want to have a club stand at Stoneleigh with a marquee with a big banner with a few club members cars out the front talking to interested individuals all day long, inviting them to join the club.

With a forum there is no command and control, no one to hold accountable. A club will work much better.

Cheers Ginge

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urmyworld View Post
Hello,

As I am still sorting out legal stuff with regards a Chat Room.

If you are interested in a sneak preview

click on this link

http://www.hotconference.com/conference,23372722

I will be there for the next hour.

After that time this room will be password protected again, after all it is my personal room, you are all welcome to ask me questions via video, audio or text chat.

Dave
Dave,

I missed this by 20 minutes but clicked it any way.

Wow my inbuilt camera in the laptop sprung into life, I kind of want to give it a go now.

If we had a chat room for members only I could see me getting no sleep.

I personally, without giving it any thought, love the idea.

Cheers Ginge

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingea1pom View Post
Just to say the same thing as HandyAndy in a different way!

The forum is the most fantastic resource for someone building a Haynes roadster, whenever I chat to someone we always comment along the lines “I don’t know how I would have got as far as I have without the forum” notwithstanding the few who have built without ever finding it.

We the forum members will never own or have control of the forum, it belongs to Haynes.

We the HSCC will not have a club forum the Haynes forum will remain.

The reason we want a club is so we can belong to something along with like minded people, If you tried to go to an insurance company, organise a track day or get discount from a major supplier and said we are the Haynes Forum I don’t think it would have as much clout as we are the Haynes Sports Car Club.

I want to go to a club web site and look up club events and go along with my club Polo shirt on with my keys on a club key ring and make friends for life with like minded individuals, I want to have a club stand at Stoneleigh with a marquee with a big banner with a few club members cars out the front talking to interested individuals all day long, inviting them to join the club.

With a forum there is no command and control, no one to hold accountable. A club will work much better.

Cheers Ginge
I'll second each and every word of that Ginge

---------------------------------------------------------

Here' a little yarn from me !!

Life long fabricator welder & mechanics runs through my blood.

My late father was ex Fleet Air Arm, airframe fitter & engineer..... When he retired , He was Chief Engineer in Britannia Airways ( Luton airport )

All of us boys were taught to do all of our own fixing on all things mechanical

To the point of my yarn !!??

Could I have built my car without the help of this forum ? ...." Probably "

Would I have completed my build or had an even better build ? ..... Hell, NO .... With my ongoing health problems, I would have given the build up ages ago

It is thanks to each and every forum member that I have the desire & motivation to get my build completed & on the Road.

The thought of turning up at Stoneleigh in my own build, keeps me going

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 10th May 2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I'll second each and every word of that Ginge
Thank you Ronnie

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 09:43 PM

Well said Ronnie
Old 10th May 2010, 09:56 PM

Sorry to say this David, I think your last post needs to be deleted promptly

This is not the kind of post that can be tollerated on a public forum !!??

I feel I have no option, other than report this post to the forum admin as the contents of this post are libelous in content.

Take a chill pill mate, you know it makes sense

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 10th May 2010, 10:13 PM

Unfortunately my brother Handy Andy (The New Club Secretary, self impressed!!!)

Not self impressed (I think you mean self imposed) we voted.

Has telephoned me over the last couple of hours to let me know that he is not happy with my recent posts regarding the new "Chat Room" as if it has anything to do with him!!!

Everything to do with him, he has the clubs best interests at heart and he was voted as Secretary.

he also said he was going to come up to my house and knife me!

Hear say call the police!

The reason that he wants to knife me is because I offered my help to provide the club with a chat room.

Anyway, i am sat here without any weapons as Andy is a short person anyway, and not a threat to me.

What are you trying to do now get some sympathy, really pointless sentence.

If this is an example of the "Club's" behaviior of it's Committee Members or Club Members I wish you all the best, and good luck, you will need it.

Right committee members, I take that personally I am a committee member, what have I ever done to you except welcome you to the forum and shook your hand at Stoneligh.

We have NEVER had any trouble on the forum except your post. I do not have to stick up for Andy because mark my words there will be pages and pages of people denouncing you and championing Andy.

You have lost my friend it was nice to meat you, how wrong a first impression can be, I will do my upmost to get you removed as a user, not a threat, a promise.

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 10:16 PM

David I have to say I agree with Bonzo in all respect in regards to your post. It is not the kind of thing to be posted on a public forum, regardless if it is true or not.

This forum has never had any 'bitchy' behaviour, and I really don't hope you damage the spirited community of this forum by making such serious accusations against another member, especially your brother.

I also can't see Andy being capable of making such comments towards another person, especially over such a trivial mater.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting