Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th May 2010, 05:45 PM
Urmyworld

Default Your Roadster Club Update

Hello all,

I feel compelled to inform you of the response I received from Haynes.co.uk regarding a request for the "Consent and Approval" of use of the name "Haynes" within a domain name.

As per Haynes.co.uk "Terms and Conditions" policy, I contacted Haynes.co.uk on the afternoon of 10th May 2010. for consent and approval for including their name within a domain name that I intended to purchase.

Haynes.co.uk responded by advising me that the use of the name "Haynes" is not granted within a domain name, however, they did grant me permission to link to, including deeplinks to both their website Haynes.co.uk and this Forum.

I bring this to your attention, as I am aware that you are in the process of creating a membership club based on the "Haynes Roadster".

I must point out that the permissions that I have received, are directly associated with my request to Haynes.co.uk.

If you require similar permissions, you must request these through Haynes.co.uk yourself.

From the information received, the name of your club needs to be re-evaluated to conform to Haynes.co.uk policy.

Therefore, I have created an "Open Chat Room" for all Forum members to gather, (maximum seats available at any one time is 100) to discuss this matter and anything else.

There are no advertisements, nothing, so long as you are over 18 years of age you may use this service, which is a free service that I am offering.

I will keep this open until 20:00 hours this evening, after that the room will be closed down, until the same time tomorrow 18:00 - 20:00 hours BST.
Click here
http://www.hotconference.com/conference,75479794

Please sign in with your forum username for recognition purposes.

DAVID

Last edited by Urmyworld : 19th May 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 19th May 2010, 06:14 PM

I have not had much time to be part of the instigation and development of the roadster owners club BUT i'm sure that all permissions have already been sought via Haynes for use of the name and relevant rights. I'm sure that the relevant people will be along shortly to clarify exactly what has been carried out.

For a first post David, could you first introduce yourself, atleast, before submitting a post of this nature.

Thanks.....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 19th May 2010, 07:04 PM

Here we go again, my bold

I feel compelled to inform you of the response I received from Haynes.co.uk regarding a request for the "Consent and Approval" of use of the name "Haynes" within a domain name.

Sorry are you on the committee, is the club having the word ‘Haynes’ in the domain name.

As per Haynes.co.uk "Terms and Conditions" policy, I contacted Haynes.co.uk on the afternoon of 10th May 2010. for consent and approval for including their name within a domain name that I intended to purchase.

Well done bully for you there are people who have closer links to Haynes than you or I. Please keep your nose out and stop jeopardizing their attempts at getting Haynes on side.

Haynes.co.uk responded by advising me that the use of the name "Haynes" is not granted within a domain name, however, they did grant me permission to link to, including deeplinks to both their website Haynes.co.uk and this Forum.

Why would they grant a complete stranger, who has requested to use their name out of the blue, permission.

I bring this to your attention, as I am aware that you are in the process of creating a membership club based on the "Haynes Roadster".

Wrong, get your facts right before jumping in with both feet, again.

I must point out that the permissions that I have received, are directly associated with my request to Haynes.co.uk.

Exactly why did you bother you have done more harm than good.

If you require similar permissions, you must request these through Haynes.co.uk yourself.

Really, you reckon, we are doing it!

From the information received, the name of your club needs to be re-evaluated to conform to Haynes.co.uk policy.

How about we decide things like this.

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
For a first post David, could you first introduce yourself, atleast, before submitting a post of this nature.

Thanks.....AndyH

It's not the first post, all the others have been removed.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 19th May 2010, 07:28 PM
Urmyworld

Default Well Said gingea1pom

Hello all,

I totally understand what gingea1pom is saying, I should keep my nose out!

However, if you read my original post, hopefully, you will realize that I am providing an update on the legalities of forming a club, with the possibility / intention of using the "Haynes" name within the domain name.

Admittedly, each request is considered on it's own merits, as indeed my request was dealt with.

I am merely pointing out that the use of the "Haynes" name must be approved by "Haynes" themselves.

I apologise, if I have jumped the gun, but as no confirmation of the new club name has appeared on this forum, I assumed that, so far "no progress" has been attempted or made.

I am only trying to provide info.

DAVID
Old 19th May 2010, 07:42 PM

David,

I understand where you are coming from, but there are people who have some clout with Haynes that are in talks with them.

If they allow us to call the club the Haynes Sports Car Club we could possibly use the domain name HSCC.

Please don’t now go and ask Haynes if you can call a club the Haynes Sports Car Club!

Please let those that are working behind the scenes do their work.

Enough said?

I was building but I am not now!

Build Pictures

Build Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 07:59 PM
Urmyworld

hello gingea1pom and all,

Yes, thank you for your response.

My intention was to inform, about the legality issue, which I have done.

Unfortunately, hscc.com is already owned and seems to be an eastern oriental website.

This is what I was trying to get at, get a domain name and permissions etc.

This info not only applies to the new "Club" but also to anyone that intends to create a website of their own build, mentioning a trademark, such as Haynes.

Trademarks and copyright or serious matters to be considered.

David
Old 19th May 2010, 08:17 PM

I was sad when I sold my Roadster but always wanted to remain loyal to the forum (and friends from it). I even offered to assist the new club as a vehicle registrar - linking in with the engraved build plaques I purchased.
However, reading posts like the above make me think perhaps it's time to move on?
The forum attack last year was bad enough - especially all the crap on LCB before it happened. I just now get that bad feeling again that someone seems to want to come along and spoil things.
G'day and good luck all!
slim
Old 19th May 2010, 08:49 PM

I for one just want to voice my support for the comittee members (many whom I met at Stoneleigh). Although I couldn't stay for the meeting in the evening, I felt very comfortable that all who attended had the clubs best interest at heart and showed a real commitment to doing things the right way. I think the certain posts could undermine the good work being carried out by the elected committe and if a forum member has genuine concerns about anything then a PM would be preferable in the first instance, it's just common courtesy in my opinion. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 19th May 2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Marchant View Post
I for one just want to voice my support for the comittee members (many whom I met at Stoneleigh). Although I couldn't stay for the meeting in the evening, I felt very comfortable that all who attended had the clubs best interest at heart and showed a real commitment to doing things the right way. I think the certain posts could undermine the good work being carried out by the elected committe and if a forum member has genuine concerns about anything then a PM would be preferable in the first instance, it's just common courtesy in my opinion. Keep up the good work guys.
HERE HERE !

im sure the comitte are quiet ok with sorting the details on thair own
if thay need help im sure thay can ask for it from thoes who thay think is best for the job.
lets no mess it all up for everyone