Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th April 2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vern View Post

Well done TQ uk - I like the gold brace on your RX8/Current MX5 rear end. That would be a good way of dealing with the problem, maybe just use the rear 6-8inches of the power plant frame or a lazer cut and folded substitute. That brace would constrain the diff nose and assist the two mounts in the diff carrier.

BV
Not mine I'm afraid, found it when Googling to help people visualize the problem.

From here:

http://www.mmmiata.com/catalogsite/suspension01.php
Old 4th April 2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
Ti's true, I'm wasting my time but then I call it irratainment as it makes me chuckle the things people do and how they do them. Sometimes I comment sometimes I just laugh.
The thing is mark, that some find it offensive. I just find it intensively stressing, when all i was trying to do was makesure no one makes the same mistake as me. My heatbeat rises everytime i look on the forum to see what im being flamed for next. I now understand what andy was going through, as i feel pretty sick aswell now with the stress, i think i may be in a pretty dark place at the moment, so for now im going to stay away from the forum as i feel that a small percentage of people have turned it a bit nasty. Everybody i know used top post regular updates on their builds, but now i speak to builders who dont want to incase they get a load of bad critisism. Everyone needs a bit of a boost/ positive encouragement now and again, and sadly i think that has all but dissapeared from the forum. Im a pretty hard f@cker, so its a bad day when a grown up bloke starts welling up sat infront of a computer on an internet forum

Im sorry if im putting more of a downer on things, but i just want to get how i feel out in the open. Ive tried to make an effort with certain people, yourself included. I try and treat people how i would like to be treated, iv never said anything that i wouldnt say in person.

Yes the saturn mx5 isnt perfect, (and neither a voodous for that matter) but then again andrew made the plans as a guide for free download. Its up to individual builders to decide wether they want to follow the guide or modify it to suit their requirements. At the end of the day its just a guide. Ive given my car an extreme thrashing trying to break it and it hasnt broke, I drove it over a curb at forty miles an hour the other day in reverse for gods sake so im confident that the chassis is strong enough.

Anyway, ive said what i had to say.

Well wishes to all, im out of here

Nathan
Old 4th April 2012, 11:38 AM

I have to agree I don't post as much on my build thread or on the forum at all for that matter as I don't want to receive overly critical demotivating posts.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shh120m View Post
The thing is mark, that some find it offensive. I just find it intensively stressing, when all i was trying to do was makesure no one makes the same mistake as me. My heatbeat rises everytime i look on the forum to see what im being flamed for next. I now understand what andy was going through, as i feel pretty sick aswell now with the stress, i think i may be in a pretty dark place at the moment, so for now im going to stay away from the forum as i feel that a small percentage of people have turned it a bit nasty. Everybody i know used top post regular updates on their builds, but now i speak to builders who dont want to incase they get a load of bad critisism. Everyone needs a bit of a boost/ positive encouragement now and again, and sadly i think that has all but dissapeared from the forum. Im a pretty hard f@cker, so its a bad day when a grown up bloke starts welling up sat infront of a computer on an internet forum

Im sorry if im putting more of a downer on things, but i just want to get how i feel out in the open. Ive tried to make an effort with certain people, yourself included. I try and treat people how i would like to be treated, iv never said anything that i wouldnt say in person.

Yes the saturn mx5 isnt perfect, (and neither a voodous for that matter) but then again andrew made the plans as a guide for free download. Its up to individual builders to decide wether they want to follow the guide or modify it to suit their requirements. At the end of the day its just a guide. Ive given my car an extreme thrashing trying to break it and it hasnt broke, I drove it over a curb at forty miles an hour the other day in reverse for gods sake so im confident that the chassis is strong enough.

Anyway, ive said what i had to say.

Well wishes to all, im out of here

Nathan
From what I can see its always the same person being negative towards the roadster. Just ignore him. I've heard it all from the same person : the roadster understeers, its huge, its heavy now going on about the design of diff carriers, what next ?. If I thought a car was that shit I wouldn't frequent around the forum designed for enthusiasts who are building the car.
Old 4th April 2012, 12:58 PM

MarkB only comes on here to stir things up, he's not a builder or a problem solver. he snipes from the sidelines at other peoples builds and in my opinion has nothing useful to contribute.
He seems to have failed to understand the problem Nathan had with the diff failure and has tried to use that as a way to attack the basic chassis design which has already been proven. (Are the Sierra based chassis's failing - NO)
He tried to use an example to highlight his point but the builders of that car are having EXACTLY the same diff problems!
His argument is as flawed as his engineering knowledge. Waster

Sorry AshG - I accept a wrap over the knuckles for such strong statements but we don't need this guy poisoning the forum.

BV
Old 4th April 2012, 01:35 PM

Hi all,
Having not been on this forum for too long I'm not sure of the history of certain members...
In my opinion Andy of SSC and Nathan of NTS have done an outstanding job. The amount of times I have asked them questions about the build and recieved a swift answer is second to none...
Without them there would be many ppl out there scratching their heads..
Nathan delivered a bodykit personally on a Sunday to us in Norfolk. How can anybody complain about the devotion this guy is willing to give towards many peoples hobby/dream.

I for one can only take my hat off to him for the job he has undertaken.

Where would many builders be if he hadn't take on what Andy Hugil started.
I can only guess....

I personally started this as a hobby and looked forward to visiting the forum to look at other ppls ideas and hopefully things I have done may have helped some ppl I don't know.
One thing I do ask regulary when I do post something is "if you see a problem with what I have done please let me know". If somebody points out a problem I'm only too happy to take their advice, but some of the posts ppl write are not constructive in any shape or form.

Everybody has a right to say something but if you have nothing good to say then say "NOTHING"

Johno
Old 4th April 2012, 02:43 PM

Unhappy Don't let the Troll win mate

Hi Nathan,

Please don't let the verbal garbage of just one sad sorry individual drive you away from the forum.

You have a great deal of respect from the genuine forum members on here.
These are members who are actually building a Roadster & look towards the suppliers for help, parts & moral inspiration.

Take some time out to chill mate.
With a little luck you'll take some heart in knowing others feel the same way about our " Resident, forum troll "

Speaking from personal experience, I have been daft enough in the past to let this, sad sorry individual get me down ( Leading to some very public & childish outbursts on my part )
It got to the point that I have now decided to take a back seat on the forum, worse still, I have completely lost all interest in completing my own Roadster build & this has now sadly fallen by the wayside.

Good news is, I have now bought a road registered 7 in need of a full refurbishment.
Fortunately the majority of the Roadster parts can be re used

As I am no longer building a Roadster I don't see much of a future for me on this forum as I will no longer have anything in common with all of the good folk on here.
That said, I do still read most posts as I am genuinely interested in each & every build in progress.

Take care Nathan, don't be away too long.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 4th April 2012, 02:58 PM

the way I see it is... if anyone decides to boycott the forum because of those who intimidate via these threads, then they have won, so the best thing to do is just simply ignore and carry on posting...... the wealth of knowledge that is and can be found on this forum is way to valuable to be lost, so I would implore both Nathan and Andy to come back and talk to those who would benefit from their input as they have done in the past and recent present. The vast majority of members on here including myself NEED the likes of you around to further the roadsters life cycle....howay lads git yersels back on ere
Old 4th April 2012, 03:00 PM

Never made a car in my life or so much as looked at a tub of resin so quite why I comment on things is beyond me.

Think triangles and all will become clear
Old 4th April 2012, 03:25 PM

Sarcasm and abstract sentences. Wow!