Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th May 2012, 09:58 PM

They are very secure, not too hard to fit, just took my time cutting the bonnet and then bonded into place.
I'm not too sure what to do at the front, I don't really want to buy another set but I think I will end up doing that.
Only idea I had was like in the Westfield Bonnet kit, using pins to locate the front of the bonnet/nose, however there is no lip like in the Westfield bonnet

Photos in my sig, if you need anymore I will try and take one but I'm a little busy at the sec (getting married Friday, away from Monday)
A few more pics here NTDWM

Vin plate is on the offside of the chassis not to sure exactly where but he manual says not easy to remove the number. I was thinking on the engine side of the outer top rail (upside down). May be wrong though.

Last edited by SeriesLandy : 8th May 2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:09 PM

+1 I've been building mine since nov 2008 (nearly 4 years) and I'm only a little ahead of you johno
Old 7th May 2012, 10:24 PM

OMG THAT'S MINT!!!
Old 7th May 2012, 10:25 PM

That is one immaculate looking build Johno
You're making mine look like a right pile of poo!
Keep up the good work!
Old 7th May 2012, 10:28 PM

Where did you get your brake and fuel lines from? Are they delivered straight or do you have a special machine of something?
Old 7th May 2012, 10:36 PM

speechless , very nice indeed
Old 8th May 2012, 07:44 PM

having seen johnos build in person ( although a lots been done since) I can only say that it looks even better in the flesh, has to be nicest built haynes, no the nicest built kitcar iv seen. Puts us all to shame
Old 8th May 2012, 09:56 PM

Hi all,
Iv'e kept low for a while after posting that thread regarding photos of NTS Engineerings MX5 build and sparked a heated debate regarding mounting the diff (sorry Nathan)....

I really appreciate all your comments good or bad (it's nice to be praised by you guys though as we are all in the same boat to speak)...
I've spent a lot of time on this forum searching through many posts to create my car so without knowing it a lot of you have helped in many ways...

Chris the brake and fuel lines are copper nickel and come in rolls of approx 7.5 mtrs. I basically straightened them by hand on a table before placing them in the car. I used a blupoint pipe bender to create the 90 degree bends in the 8mm fuel pipe and used one of the hand held pipe plier things for the brake lines.

Thanks Series Landy for your'e advice on the Aero Catches. I checked out your'e build quite some time ago and see you were using them and decided that's what I was going to use so thanks for the heads up...

Nathan if it wasn't for you and Andy we wouldn't be building a car at all. I persuaded the other guys here (Tony, Luke and Simon) to build a MX5 based car on the original SSC plans ( but to be honest I didn't realise at the time the car hadn't been built...LOL) Your'e carbon products look the muts nuts m8 but you need to have some time to youself and not worry about others... Glad to see you are back on the forum though.

Well it's nice to be back on here (thanks Handy Andy) and share what I have done.

Keep up the good work Johno.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/...uild/Assembly/
Old 8th May 2012, 10:07 PM

Well said!
Old 9th May 2012, 11:49 AM

Cool

That sir, is simply STUNNING

I can,t wait to see it in the flesh one day

with regard the placement of the Vin number.... I stamped my vin number onto a 3mm plate (to avoid crushing the chassis tube ) & welded it onto BR11 just below the drivers knee area & also will be putting a chassis plate with axle weights/vin number etc onto the engine bay scuttle on the offside close to where the steering column comes thru from cockpit to engine bay area ( which reminds me ...must rivet that in pronto ).

I look forward to seeing more photos of this great build.

cheers
andy