Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th November 2010, 05:51 PM

Default Grab a bargain camcorder

Hi guys, just in case anyone hasn't already got a camcorder, or even if you have but fancy a nice compact little unit at a very good price I can reccomend this one http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/prod...ucts_id=110352

Just received mine today and I have to say I'm impressed with it for the price, £19.99 including an 8GB micro SD card and it comes with dash mount and handlebar mount too.

Would be ideal fixed to the roll bar for filming track days etc and at just £20 if it got trashed it aint the end of the world.

The unit is about the size of a small LED torch, fixed focus (no surprise at this price), comes with USB lead, in car charger for its internal Liion battery, drivers disc. Records AVI files at 720x480 30FPS full colour and sound, it can also do still photos at 1600X1200 pixels.

D.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:36 AM

One thing it apparently lacks when compared to the expensive alternatives is a very wide angle.
Old 26th November 2010, 06:18 AM

True but then it is only £20!

D.
Old 26th November 2010, 06:44 AM

me, I can not buy it from France
Old 26th November 2010, 07:19 AM

They are also available via Ebay direct from China but £19 with no memory card. Don't understand why you can't buy in France from 7dayshop as they are based in channel Islands. If you have further problems I guess I could buy one for you, you pay me via paypal and I send it to you in France but it will obviously cost more for postage. I'm away till Sunday and probably won't have internet till then.

D.
Old 26th November 2010, 09:05 AM

They look a good fun bit of kit, especially for track days. Think i'll treat myself when they get them back in stock next week. It'll save me duck taping them expensive digi-camera to the roll bar. Not sure if i want to part with money until they say they have them in to ship out.

Cheers....Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 28th November 2010, 01:58 PM

We've been away this weekend to Ludlow for a medieval Xmas fayre and I've given the camcorder a good workout and I have to say that overall I'm very impressed with it for the price. I've shot about half an hours worth of video and about 30 or so stills and the battery has shown no signs of running out. Stills picture quality ain't great but then my two other cameras are a 7MP compact and a 10.1 MB DSLR so it has a hard couple of acts to follow. Video image quality is very good for such a compact unit, yeah OK you can't zoo in or anything and you have to take a best guess at what you've got it pointing at but a bit of trial and error gets you there, of course if you were fitting it to a car for a track day you'd hook it up to a lappie to set the camera up for what you want. Greatest bit of it was NOBODY figured it for a camera, some thought it was a torch and a few thought it was a microphone. I'll be using this little cracker on my works Xmas pissup .

D.
Old 29th November 2010, 11:49 AM

well I'm sold, just oredered one

And here's all my build photo's on a picasa web album http://tinyurl.com/5tbtm46
Old 29th November 2010, 01:25 PM

Screwfix sell one very similar for £80!!! So it seems to be a bargin

IVA passed 20 June 2017
Flickr Album
Old 10th December 2010, 08:51 AM

I tried mine out yesterday as I had to go to Derby for a training course, even in the dark it was picking out the car in front of me very clearly and this was only with my headlights as we were on a country road. By the time we were in daylight the picture quality was excellent. I don't have any clips to post here as I've had to lend mine to my dad for the weekend.

As the review on 7dayshop said it records in five minute blocks and there is a 2 second gap in recording when one block finishes and the next block starts but I can live with that at this price point. Anyone else got theirs yet?

D.