Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th May 2011, 08:44 PM

Default Want to smash up car

Over the last month EVERYTHING has gone wrong with trying to get the car ready for its IVA. Loads of little snag lists requiring parts to come off for modification to be 100% sure of a pass. I just got my exhaust and inlet manifold back today from a fabricator and they've totally butchered them! Money just isn't the issue here (I've refused to pay them), its the waste of my weekend now as I can't progress. So I decide to plod on with other jobs only to find my weld set has totally packed in!

Its getting to the point now where cosmetics are falling by the side to meet a deadline and I'm frankly disgusted with myself for some jobs I'm doing, but I don't have time for pretty. I keep telling myself I'll fix it after the IVA, but I'm loosing so much enthusiasm, its horrid.
Old 13th May 2011, 09:26 PM

Its getting to the point now where cosmetics are falling by the side to meet a deadline and I'm frankly disgusted with myself for some jobs I'm doing, but I don't have time for pretty. I keep telling myself I'll fix it after the IVA, but I'm loosing so much enthusiasm, its horrid.[/quote]

Thats how i got in the end when you find your self rushing because of a dead line, not a nice feeling. But stick at it because once you have that piece of paper, its a great feeling and then you can alter the car to your liking without any time limits and IVA/SVA restrictions. Then the fun starts....

Hope this helps drive you on! Because it definately worth it!

Martin
Old 14th May 2011, 07:42 PM

Im sure anyone who has been through iva has been in the same position, i know i have

Try not to let it get to you and just plod on through the jobs

You wont even remember feeling like this when you get it on the road for a good run out

Get that mr2 turbo of yours out and go for a blast, its days are probably numbered now so make the most of it
Old 15th May 2011, 04:20 PM

I know exactly where you're coming from.

I posted my application off on Friday 13th, which i knew i shouldn't have done, as i've had nothing but bad luck since.

First up, the head gasket went on my van, so i lost a day's work on the roadster fixing that.

Managed to get to my lockup today, the fan relay came loose without me noticing, the engine boiled over, burnt my face and flooded my container.

Then the fuel pump stopped working due to a bad connection. Then it started raining, just as i was about to start mapping the engine, then my generator ran out of petrol.

I've decided to give it a miss this afternoon, hopefully stuff will start going right next time.

Keep the faith, and good luck with your IVA. Have you got a date yet?

My Build Diary - http://davesroadster.blogspot.com/

*updated 7/6/11*

Best bit so far: Getting it running
Worst bit so far: Cutting steel for wishbones and engine mounts.
Most annoying bit so far: Generator packing up half way through welding.