Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th July 2011, 09:37 PM

Default My build thread...

As I can't keep myself contained any longer and me keep wanting to ask questions about lots of things I thought id start my build thread..

I am picking up my chassis kit and a few donor part on Saturday courtesy of Bigjase thankyou very much! And I will be going to see Saturn on Saturday morning just to see how everything works etc

I can't wait to start my build the thought of everytime me and the other half get in the car knowing it's something that's been built from scratch is truly amazing!

I will put some pics up over the weekend as I'm hoping to start on the build table

Dan
Old 28th July 2011, 09:39 PM

Best of luck, nice to see somebody with so much enthusiasm
Old 28th July 2011, 09:45 PM

Thanks, this is all new to me and very exciting lol I'm looking forward to every bit of it.

I'm concerned about all the things to do with the iva but I'm sure my mid will be put to ease when I see the lads at Saturn
Old 30th July 2011, 09:44 PM

Bit of an update...

Me and the missus set off this morning and went up to see Spud at SSC just to get an idea of how things work etc... Brilliant chap and a nice place of work, i can see dealing with them an Ease!

While i was there i went out in ...... im sorry but iv forgot your name .... car fitted with an st170 engine running bike carbs, it was MINT the rush of the car was awsome and its spurred me on even more! thank you.

So with a massive thanks to Bigjase another member on here i have picked up a HandyAndy grp chassis kit 2 diffs 2 sets of wheels, clocks, wiring looms, shafts, steering colum... and lots of other bits and bobs.. so im definatley on my way to starting the build now...

The rest of tonight i will be studying the book page by page

db
Old 1st August 2011, 09:02 AM

Hi Dan,

Was good to see you both on Saturday, like all new builders. It was "Mark" whose car you went out in and his car his awesome, lovely build. Also give mine a good clean up yesterday and its looking nice and smart again. Got to go to Alnwick this morning so will car shall i take......

Cheers.....Andrew

Regards..........AndyH